Well I tried to see where I should post this but i couldn't really figure out where so I brought it here anyway my question is after around 6+ years of not touching a trumpet I used to play I dug it out earlier today and when i blow into it I cant get air to pass through it like no matter how hard I blow I get nothing and I can only get the slightest sound when i press down the 1 valve so does anyone know what the hell is wrong with it?
Do you have the mouthpiece in it?

Are all the proper parts slid in?

Are you buzzing your embouchure correctly?
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
yeah i have everything in there properly but the valves really need oiled could that cause a problem with the whole thing?
you have dried spit in the tubes, you gotta clean em man.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
there is a high possibility of that how can i clean the tubes? also is there anything i could find in my house to lube the valves with?
Quote by Tomoo666
like no matter how hard I blow I get nothing

thats what she said
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
only thing i could think of is dried up spit or the valves being in the wrong slots.
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
i checked to see if the valves are in the right slots and they are but do they have to be aligned in a certain way cause i just kinda dropped em in there and again i ask how do i clean the spit out?
i really dont remember its been a long time since i really played trumpet but i am pretty sure they do have to be in a right way to clean out the spit i think you have to soak it in warm soapy watter like a bathtub
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.