dragonforce.
not herman li im taking a pick of this time

im disgusted my the keyboardist
look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6mH3ManpGA

hes just sliding up and down notes :/ and using the picth bender, and overloading it with effects.
and so many people are like 'omgg hes the best keyboard player in the world i wanna see him duel with janne warmen'

any opinions?....
You do realize that dragonforce is a completely satirical and pointless band whose sole purpose is to make fun of the rest of the japanese power-metal bands, right?

He acts crazy on stage, but I'm sure he's actually a good musician.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
We all know they suck.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Tom Hanks is better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg1ZZwVJc4A
I couldn't find an English version
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Yeah, it's easy to hate on DF, but can you look past the facade and appreciate the music? Didn't think so.

Just kidding. I hate them too.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
You do realize that dragonforce is a completely satirical and pointless band whose sole purpose is to make fun of the rest of the japanese power-metal bands, right?
QUOTE]
is this true?
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Colgate Total
The guy from Sonata Arctica is better.

+1, also tuomas holopainen
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
That's Dragonforce. Listen to him play something seriously.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
I just got my Guitar World today... and guess who's on the cover?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Colgate Total

+ infinity

(Look at my sig....clicky)
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by Megadeth2011
I just got my Guitar World today... and guess who's on the cover?

HERMAN LI
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by NotAGuitarHero

He acts crazy on stage, but I'm sure he's actually a good musician.

Um.....no? I think they're serious.

And I'm pretty sure they're good musicians. My friend saw them live and he said that they got in a circle and switched instruments, and everyone could play each instrument very profecciently.

He was probrably stoned though, so don't quote me on that.

Oh yeah and in this months guitar world Herman said that he would usually go through 35+ takes on one solo, so it's no wonder he can't play them live.
I'm a person.
It wasn't really all sliding up and down with pitch bender at all was it?

You could hear a tune in there, the rest of it was showmanship, and that's the point of doing a time-filler solo like that.
jeez seriously do we have to keep knocking dragonfroce, i mean really if you cant listen to it dont listen to it and dont comment on it, if you like it listen to it. i enjoy some of DF songs but thats because im a gamer and i hear all the referances to old school videogames in hermans solos. and you have to admit herman and sam have the 2 most unique guitar styles out there, no i dont mean uber fast i mean herman has that gaming sound and sam has like irish style stuff its actually cool to listen to if you sit down and listen to it.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by PinkIsCool

Quote by Wikipedia
Although the band takes their musicianship seriously, they do not embody the themes in their music. In an interview with Metal Hammer, guitarist Herman Li has stated "Oh no, it's completely serious, we have fun doing it...".[4] DragonForce's influences are drawn from various kinds of metal such as melodic styles of rock, and in particular video games such as "Wonder Boy in Monster World", and the Final Fantasy series,[5] with lyrics comparable to themes present in fantasy games.
The band have frequently referred to their style not just as power metal, but as extreme power metal. Herman Li commented on descriptions of the band's style in an interview with Guitar World: "'Nintendo metal,' 'extreme power metal', 'Bon Jovi on Speed,' 'Journey Meets Slayer,' ...people are always coming up with weird labels for us." [6] The band has often been labelled speed metal[7][8][9][10][11][12][13] due to the fast tempos present in their songs.

I really hope they're joking

There's no way in hell a band could be that band and not realize it.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
The only time I've really paid attention to their keyboardist that much is his keyboard solo that he put in Limb from Limb by Protest the Hero. And its pretty awesome.
Quote by ScottB.
HERMAN LI

Actually, Herman RI and Sam Totman. Maybe I'm wrong, but weren't they on the cover not long ago? Last month was Slipknot, too. GW's going downhill...

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Colgate Total

+1, So is Jordan Rudess, Jens Johansson and pretty much every other prog/power metal keyboardist.

That sounded like someone trying to play final fantasy and failing miserably.
Quote by Megadeth2011
Actually, Herman RI and Sam Totman. Maybe I'm wrong, but weren't they on the cover not long ago? Last month was Slipknot, too. GW's going downhill...

It's Herman LI. Not RI
Yeah, he's ****.

He might be an amazing pianist for all I know, but he should at least show it in the music.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by SonataFanica
+ infinity

What level of conviction?

InvaderTSN will probably get it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I will say I like dragonforce but im sick and tired of hearing about them. all i hear is "omg tru teh f1r3 and teh flames!! omgg!! der so amazingz!!" and its getting old really fast.

Jorden Ruduss kicks this guys ass.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by PinkIsCool

And I'm pretty sure they're good musicians. My friend saw them live and he said that they got in a circle and switched instruments, and everyone could play each instrument very profecciently.

He was probrably stoned though, so don't quote me on that.

Don't worry, your friend was correct I've seen them do it live.

On topic:

I love Dragonforce, but there are much better keyboard players than Vladim. eg. Rick Wakeman and Jordan Rudess
Last edited by *powerslave* at Aug 23, 2008,
yawn
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...