Quote by alexdoabismo
i wanted to know if the normal lace sensors can be put in a telecaster guitar...

thanks

I don't know much about lace sensors but I'm going to say yes, but if they're active (excuse my stupidity if they're passive) you'll need to either A route a hole for the battery or B put the clip in the control compartment.
no, theyre passive, like normal single coil pickups...im just wondering if it will fit in the telecaster bridge..
Quote by cfhwarhead
Yes, why wouldnt you be able to put pickups in a guitar?

telecasters don't have a "universal" pickup routing, as the pickups are slightly different shapes to the "standard" single coil (as well as the bridge and neck pickup routing being different to each other on the tele), however, there probably are lace sensors designed to fit telecaster pickup routings.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Jonny Greenwood, nuff said.

He uses a Fender Telecaster Plus which was made by Fender with Lace Sensors in. TS, you can put Lace Sensors in your Tele but you'd have to have someone route out the body to be able to hold them. What Sensors were you planning to put in?
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Im sure any normal single coil sized Lace can fit in the bridge. In the neck however, you would need a Tele neck sized single coil, which Lace also makes.
Epiphone G-400
Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack
Fender DG-20CE
Quote by Flash445
Im sure any normal single coil sized Lace can fit in the bridge. In the neck however, you would need a Tele neck sized single coil, which Lace also makes.

Actually tele's have weird bridge pickups too.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
While you can't fit standard Lace sensors in a standard Telecaster without some fiddling, they do make Laces for Telecasters specifically. Your choices are much more limited, but you do get true Lace noiseless single coil and a set of both pickups is quite cheap... http://www.aampselectricguitarstore.com/lace_pickups/lace_tele_series.html

I haven't tried them though so I don't know how they sound. But they do exist.
crazy talking animals
Quote by Flash445

The bridge pickup on a Telecaster has a three-hole triangular sort of fitting system and won't take normal single coils.
crazy talking animals
I don't see why not...
If anyone wants to IM me, it's dwsabianguy. No spam.
Quote by Taylor704
He uses a Fender Telecaster Plus which was made by Fender with Lace Sensors in. TS, you can put Lace Sensors in your Tele but you'd have to have someone route out the body to be able to hold them. What Sensors were you planning to put in?

To be fair he's also modded out normal telecasters to replace stolen telecaster plus models. So you can technically fit them into a tele if you're willing to route the body for them.