Hello there I was thinking of buying a VC30 with upgraded EHX tube and celestion greenbacks for £300 delivered of a friend, but it would mean trading my dsl401 in. I play anything from jazz, funk, rock, hard rock through to megadeth. Now he is assuring me than the laney can do megadeth, with that big low end with the use of a zw44 boost. Like for clean i like good time - chic sorta sound, then just your usual SRV gritty blues tone, but for metal i want that sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67bTpVQfB6U at exactly 0.15 seconds the really bass heavy DUN DUN DUN bit. And if it wont get there without a boost what about buying a pre amp such as a seymour duncan twin tube mayhem? Although I really cant afford it as I have just brought a blade r4 guitar and i am £600 odd in debt. So basically im looking to replace my amp with something for the same or less money.
Think bands such as.... fundadelic, cream, sabbath, megadeth, maiden, metallica, the song play that funky music whiteboy, the isley brothers, gary moore (still got the blues/parisienne walkways lead sound, VERY thick). I suppose for my lead rhythm sound its got to be something raw and plexi like. Something similar to that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnZnXFpzLY8 but with slightly more saturation. Or think I believe in love sound by the darkness. For neck lead like a thick cliffs of dover sound, with a bit of verb, and very lush sounding.

Basically hes telling me that the distortion is really good, and i trust him, but all the reviews and youtube clips seem to hint its quite bright even on the distortion channel. He has put new tubes in and had it rebiased and he said its darker than his 800, and his RR plexi. So should i go for this or put up with my DSL, which my MG was beating it when EQed properly for a smooth tone. And how would this compare to the orange rocker, and rockerverb series, cause I was going to buy them but after buying this guitar I simply dont have the money...

So UG what do you think? Will the vc just replicate AC sound or will it do marshall and more ( with boost )?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
try it out. surely that is the most efficient way to find out if YOU like it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
It will do most sounds well.
Especially if you replace stock tubes and speakers - but the VC30 should be able to everything apart from Megadeth unless you get an OD that can REALLY push it - or maybe a Dist pedal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
well i have tried it, but it was in a store and was a vc210 with the HH invader speakers which arent very good. And I was only aloud to play on low imput (dont ask why) with a ts9 which is quite thin.

Anyway I just saw the gt10 and it looks like it can do bloody everything. So would it be able to buy a gt10 then just an amp with is just pretty much power and a speaker?
guys so would the vc30 do metallica and megadeth with a zw44 boost as he claims? Or should I buy a gt10 and then a little tube amp with just single channel or something? If so which. I am really confused! Is the vc a AC like for like, or a plexi/marshall?
hate to say this to you...but you arent gonna get an amp as versatile as you want unless you are going to fork out for an EVH5150III.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by Varkunus
guys so would the vc30 do metallica and megadeth with a zw44 boost as he claims? Or should I buy a gt10 and then a little tube amp with just single channel or something? If so which. I am really confused! Is the vc a AC like for like, or a plexi/marshall?

Well the VC30 won't do the bottom end you want I think. Those amps aren't very tight nor have a lot of bottom end. And OD pedals generally doesn't add bottom end (if any they often take it away!). Sure an EQ might help. But yeah the VC30 isn't a screaming/roaring amp really.

A Bugera 6222 wouldn't be way to bad really. They have an ok clean a pretty good crunch and get that tight tone you want!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
why cant amps be simple!!!! I mean i dont play metal alot, but i would say primarily im in the hard rock area, but also need johnson liquid leads and decent cleans. Any ideas...? He said the laney would do it if u get it to about 2 volume with the OD pedal (MXR zw44)
that bugera looks quite good how would it do smoother sounds though? And i would never be able to crank it with 120 tube watts! And would it still do classic tones or only really heavy stuff?
Whats the absolute most you could spend? You can probably pick up a used Laney TT50 for about £400, it can do all the sounds you want.

But you should try and find a used VC50 or VH100R, they aren't at all like VC30's. They absolutely scream and can do everything you want. Might be more expensive than the TT50 but it'd be a good idea to try a VC50.
hhhm well i just brought a new guitar but the dsl is really letting it down cause my mg is getting a better tone on some stuff!!! I would like a combo over a stack really, stacks just to impracticle for me. And what about bugeras? The 333xl looks pretty good...?