My brother wants to learn to play bass, so i was wondering whats a good beginner bass guitar and amp? price range is $300max for both the amp and bass.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
I have excellent experience with YamahaRBX170 and Yamaha RBX374 . Take a look on these ladies..

EDIT: Or maybe Squier Basses
Fender Stan. Stratocaster HSS 60th Anniversary
Squier Deluxe V-String Jazz Bass (active p-ups)
Peavey Valveking 112
Zoom G2.1u
...and my fingers

.: Music Heals :.
Last edited by Yoorai at Aug 23, 2008,
AVOID STAGG LIKE THE ****ING PLAGUE, theyre made by evil Belgians and assembled by retard indonesions with no arms.

Do that and youll be fine.
get an ibanez they make good beginner to intermediate basses, there very good quality and their worth they money.
ibanez gsr200 and a practice amp

bass- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GSR200-4String-Bass?sku=519524

amp- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-MAX-158-Bass-Practice-Combo?sku=481448

but he will probably will want to upgrade the amp within the first year if he continues to play bass...
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Check the FAQ

i hate when people say this... sorry delirium

never buy a squier!
If people actually read it then there wouldnt be half as many of these threads...
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by tbirds1013
i hate when people say this... sorry delirium

it was made for a reason.

we didn't do it so we could use it ourselves.

a little high price, but see below? maybe 430... but you could probably get a smaller amp...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
it was made for a reason.

we didn't do it so we could use it ourselves.

a little high price, but see below? maybe 430... but you could probably get a smaller amp...

the humanity's sig is the best beginner equipment... ya i know you made it for a reason but when you tell someone "see the FAQ" it makes them feel that there asking a retarted question/they arent wanted in this thread.... ya and i know it probably took forever to make and i know that it is pretty annoying having the same threads over and over again

never buy a squier!
It took a long time to organise and a long time to write it up. It's intended to be used in order to cut down on these threads. It's not our fault that people can't be bothered to do some of their own research. Why should we answer a question that is fully explained, and then some, in the FAQ? If they have a particular question after reading it, then fine, no problems. It's a learning tool that just isn't used, and it's kind of a slap in the face, really.
Quote by tbirds1013
the humanity's sig is the best beginner equipment... ya i know you made it for a reason but when you tell someone "see the FAQ" it makes them feel that there asking a retarted question/they arent wanted in this thread.... ya and i know it probably took forever to make and i know that it is pretty annoying having the same threads over and over again

Yes, it is. I once started a fund that stuck 5 dollars away towards an Urge II every time someone asked this question. I was half way there at three months.

The FAQ is a great resource that even many of the regulars use at times. If you don't have the time or make the effort to read it, then you must live with the fact that many of the regulars may not make the time or effort to answer the question. The rules thread, the FAQ and most of the stickied threads are there for a reason.