I was just wondering of other peoples thoughts of this guitar.....
I go to eleven..........
prestige ibanez =

if you want mahogany and 24 frets and a very fast neck and don't need a trem go for it
Quote by Spinal Tap
I was just wondering of other peoples thoughts of this guitar.....

I think I'd kill for one of those.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It's pretty good, but the price jump from the RGA121 to the 321 seems a little unjustified imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ agreed. i haven't tried the 321, but on paper it certainly looks like you're paying a vast premium for pickups and a figured top...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ agreed. i haven't tried the 321, but on paper it certainly looks like you're paying a vast premium for pickups and a figured top...

Not to mention Gotoh tuners but...its still a 300 pound/600 dollar difference.
Quote by Dave_Mc

An absolute rapeage of a premium.

Not sure what alternatives you could go for, hardtail and 24 fret guitar... (not thinking much today.)
Quote by Eric 666
Not to mention Gotoh tuners but...its still a 300 pound/600 dollar difference.

the 121 doesn't have gotohs? i'd have thought it did, but i could be wrong. the rg1570 has gotohs, as far as i'm aware.

even still, you can get the 121 for about £500-£550... the 321 is more like £900. EDIT: i just checked gak and it's £1000- the 121 is more like £550-£600. that's some premium, as said above.

EDIT #2: the new coloured version also seems not to have the maple top- if you want the plain maple top you seem to have to go with the old natural or violin-finished one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by no_thing101
how hard is it to get coil splitting for a guitar like this?

the 5 way switch on Ibanez's HH guitars gives you a pretty nice selection of options already, can't remember exactly but its something like:

-neck pickup
-inner to coils of both pickups
-both pickups
-bridge pickup in parallel
-bridge pickup
^ yeah, something like that. i think it's the neck pickup in parallel, though, not the bridge.

coil splitting wouldn't be that hard to install- in a worst case scenario, you'd maybe have to buy new pots, switches, wire and pickups. most humbuckers are already 4-conductor though (the ones on that ibanez are, anyway).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, something like that. i think it's the neck pickup in parallel, though, not the bridge.

coil splitting wouldn't be that hard to install- in a worst case scenario, you'd maybe have to buy new pots, switches, wire and pickups. most humbuckers are already 4-conductor though (the ones on that ibanez are, anyway).

Yup:

1 Bridge
2 Inner coils from both pickups
3 Neck and bridge pickups
4 Neck in parallel
5 Neck

By the way, info on the wiring can be found on the Ibanez site under "support". For other diagrams, look at the Seymour Duncan site.

I never really miss a coil splitting option on my Ibanez guitars, anyway; the 5 way switch gives me all the versatility I need.

As for the 121 vs. 321; I'd go for the 121.

The different pickups and flamed maple top aren't worth the up charge (or premium as it seems to be called in this thread ) to me. The 321 is not better built and the neck will be the same as the one on the 121.

The money you save can be put towards upgrades like your choice of new pickups, new electronics, etc.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I think I'd kill for one of those.

this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yup:

1 Bridge
2 Inner coils from both pickups
3 Neck and bridge pickups
4 Neck in parallel
5 Neck

By the way, info on the wiring can be found on the Ibanez site under "support". For other diagrams, look at the Seymour Duncan site.

I never really miss a coil splitting option on my Ibanez guitars, anyway; the 5 way switch gives me all the versatility I need.

As for the 121 vs. 321; I'd go for the 121.

The different pickups and flamed maple top aren't worth the up charge (or premium as it seems to be called in this thread ) to me. The 321 is not better built and the neck will be the same as the one on the 121.

The money you save can be put towards upgrades like your choice of new pickups, new electronics, etc.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by seljer
the 5 way switch on Ibanez's HH guitars gives you a pretty nice selection of options already, can't remember exactly but its something like:

-neck pickup
-inner to coils of both pickups
-both pickups
-bridge pickup in parallel
-bridge pickup

what does bridge in parallel do? ps i have a hsh guitar
it'd drop the output a bit, and sound a bit thinner, while still remaining noiseless (unlike a coil split). can work quite well if you have a hot and/or thick-sounding bridge pickup, to let you get nicer cleans out of it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?