Ive only just started playing the guitar and was wondering how long each day i should practise ? Im playing about 2 1/2 hours a dayat the moment and i think that could be abit to long as i am getting very frustrated. Also how on average how long does it take to get to grips with changing from chord to chord with ease ? Im finding it really hard at the moment, not to the extent that i feel like giving up but just feeling very frustrated.
yeah keep going but take it easy =)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Gosh... To transition quickly between chords it took me at least a year of playing before i got good at it...

As for practicing just play as much as you want to, although sometimes you have to push yourself... As you get better you actually want to play n practice more b/c it gets more fun, you can start playing harder stuff, etc., and you want to keep getting better. At least thats how it's been with me...
Play 'til it stops being fun. Practising isn't a chore
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
I've playing for 2 years and I still can't transition perfectly, but then I rarely use chords other than power chords :p
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I learned to do chord transitions fairly fluidly after about 6 months of concentrated practice. However, as they say in the rogaine ads, individual results may vary. I was practicing about 5 - 6 hours a day at the time (now with my band I'm at about 8 hours a day).

Ultimately, it just depends on you. Practice enough that you're getting somthing out of it without making it a chore. Playing guitar is very much based on the little muscles in your hand. They're hard to develop and generally, starting out they aren't very strong or agile. Just be paitent and you'll develop. Don't use other people as measuring sticks, everyone is different and everyone progresses differently.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play