I'm saving for guitar but i want to be sure that I'm making the right decision. I've narrowed down my choices to a Strat or Telecaster. My biggest guitar influences are John Frusciante and Tom Morello but I also like heavier music like The Devil Wears Prada or As I Lay Dying. If someone could help me choose between the two I would be very grateful. Thanks
telecaster, but obv with humbucker in the bridge
maybe try the jim root signature telecaster?
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
I prefer teles because I like the chunkier body. Play both to see what you like.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Telecaster, Ive seen them successfully used for everything, model?

Depending on your budget, maybe the '72 reissue?
I'd say telecaster.
played a '62 custom yesterday at guitar center, and that beast could do it all.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I prefer Strats. Try them, there's no use getting people opinions on preference.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I would say a Telecaster with a single coil sized humbucker such as a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge, in fact that is the pickup Tom Morello uses in his Soul Power guitar.
Epiphone G-400
Epiphone Valve Junior Half Stack
Fender DG-20CE
Well judging by your influences, I say strat. Those two are both strat players. You can't get that pos 2 and 4 sound from a tele...
tele, everybody and their grandmother owns a strat or a squier/knockoff strat.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Strat with a humbucker in the bridge.

I own a Fender deluxe strat with a 'bucker in the bridge.
Def. does As I lay dying, and all that hardcore stuff.

If you need more power, get a dimarzio Evolution.
Those are amazing.

Has anybody played an Ibanez JEM?
Tell me the Evo's in those aren't amazing?