That is awesome

But seriously we're getting lazy. First we can't tune our guitars and now we can't let in a drum solo so we can switch from a guitar to a banjo?
Already heard about it. It's pretty neat, but not that cool, nor useful.
Quote by Dinodrummer
First we can't tune our guitars

oh for fuck's sake
Last edited by Flying Couch at Aug 23, 2008,
I hate digital guitars, lazy

I'm all for new forms of amp heads and what not, but making a guitar "easier to play" is just degrading to music
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by JMTrio134
I stopped reading when they called Jack White a shredder.

Same
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Wasn't there a thread of a guitar like that made a few days ago? I think there was also a youtube video.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Wow. People would actually waste money on that. I thought the Robot guitar was bad....
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

its an ok idea in theory, but they are taking away alot of skill and technique in playing an actual instrument. might as well just get a digital guitar processor like a drum machine and just not even have a guitarist.

i vote lame.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by touji-za-nai
I hate digital guitars, lazy

I'm all for new forms of amp heads and what not, but making a guitar "easier to play" is just degrading to music

well i think it depends how you use it if you buy it to be lazy its bad but if you buy it to try to do something innovative musically i think its a good thing
Quote by JMTrio134

I just stopped when they mentioned Jack White.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Plus, a banjo and synthesizer, etc. are not played in the same manner as a guitar. So in a sense it's really lazy.
Quote by JMTrio134

thanks for the warning ahead of time
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Mike Kobrin has apparently never touched a guitar. I personally think it's shit.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
sounds awesome.I love the sound of banjoes (banjos?)
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
I like the infinite sustain, that's really interesting, are they going to be priced at sort of normal high end guitar prices? If one turns up in a music store near me I'd like to have a play around with one.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
After watching the video, I will openly admit that it looks pretty cool. I'm not gonna shell out the thousands it will cost since the wood alone is at least a grand from traditional standards.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

After seeing the video posted above I gotta say, like the infinite sustain on all 6 strings. Looks far more versatile than an E-bow.
Quote by Tobiness
well i think it depends how you use it if you buy it to be lazy its bad but if you buy it to try to do something innovative musically i think its a good thing

I agree. It's all in how creative you are(No, I'm not saying that you aren't creative if you don't like it.).
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by Steve The Plank
Exactly, why degrade Jack White so much?

haha steve the plank you are made of pure win
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Hang on a tic, how is Les Paul a shredder? That's degrading one of the greatest.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
If they could combine this with the robot tuning system, I would never leave my house. I get so creative with my guitar sounds as of now that it's not even funny. Having this would give me hours of tweaking and fun.

Is the whole Sustain/Mute system done through knobs or switches, though? I'd expect a pick-up selector but it seems like most of the musicians were fiddling with knobs when they were adjusting things.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
I think this is kinda getting a bit too far with all these advancements in "Guitar Technology". Probably better to design bridges that increase sustain, higher output pups and tuners with higher tuning ratios than cyber guitars.

"I have encountered a fatal error! Shutting down in 10..9...8..."
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.