So I've mastered my beginner techniques a while ago, but just now I think I've fallen into a possibly bad habit with barre chords. I play them perfectly fine, but I think I've been fingering them wrong. For example, on a G barre chord for me would be:

E --3-(1)--
B --3-(1)--
G --4-(2)--
D --5-(3)-- < (notice those two fingers)
A --5-(4)-- <
E --3-(1)--

I JUST found out the fingering is supposed to be the other way around with my 3rd and 4th fingers. So does it really matter, because I've been playing them like that for a while...
LARGE TEXT
Whatever is comfortable man. Try it the "right" way for a while, and if it really is too difficult or awkward for you, then stick with what you're doing.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
As long as they're on the same fret as needed, you should be fine.

There are a lot of short-cuts you can take on guitar, some good, some bad.
Quote by Mr.Camo
As long as they're on the same fret as needed, you should be fine.

There are a lot of short-cuts you can take on guitar, some good, some bad.

And what might this be?
LARGE TEXT
There's no "right" or "wrong". As long as you can play the notes you want to play when you want to play em' and they come out clean, whose to say that you're wrong?

Also, never convince yourself that you've 'Mastered' a technique. IMHO that suggests not needing to learn anything new about it. Always leave your mind open to the possibility that there's somthing you don't yet know, otherwise you shut yourself off from the idea of learning.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
There's no "right" or "wrong". As long as you can play the notes you want to play when you want to play em' and they come out clean, whose to say that you're wrong?

Also, never convince yourself that you've 'Mastered' a technique. IMHO that suggests not needing to learn anything new about it. Always leave your mind open to the possibility that there's somthing you don't yet know, otherwise you shut yourself off from the idea of learning.

Yeah by master, I didn't mean to come off as "Imma beast bitch."

I meant that I'm kinda past the beginner stage and have learned essentials, such as barre chords.
LARGE TEXT
i cant do it like that. do your fingers have bones? o that's wrong. really wrong. wtf is that. whatver, if you cna do it, then whatver. that's crazy
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
A friend of mine did them like that, so I tried it myself.
It works fine, as long as you fret the right notes.
Nothing to worry about, at least I believe so.
I can't believe you guys can't play it like that... Sure it's harder and less natural, but not impossible.
actually you can play it like that, i've been playing like that for a long time, then i decided to change to normal and it feels easier
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Wow, I didn't know fingering them like is so hard for some people. I think I got so used to it from the beginning so I can make my pinky move on the right fret.

I think I'm gonna try to get used to doing it the 'normal' way, just in case I move into any weird complications on the road.
LARGE TEXT