Well, I am starting grade 12 in September. I am often not really motivated to do any work, and end up leaving most of the course to the last few weeks of the semester. I could probably have done a lot better in those classes if I had not procrastinated.

Any suggestions on how I can help my procrastination?
sup?
What is procrastination?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Try not to procrastinate, I have similar problems and lately I've just been telling myself "no **** you, I'm gonna do it now"...seems to be working.
Stop watching TV, go home after school and chill after you get all your **** done.
'Cause I'm sure you're used to the words "I'll finish my work when I get home", when if you go chill with your friends right after school, it'll be 9 or 10 at night before you know it.
I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone that makes a thread like this.

Step 1: GET OFF UG!
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Do it.

Simple. I threw out all my guitars, harmonicas, DVDs, books and put them in my loft to avoid distraction for college work.

This is from someone with ADHD tendencies too. Just about forcing yourself.
Quote by metal4life592
I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell everyone that makes a thread like this.

Step 1: GET OFF UG!

School hasn't started yet.
sup?
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'll tell you later.

Ok I get it now.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'll tell you later.

i try to get all my stuff done in class so that work at home is minimal. or just pop a bunch of aderol and buckle down lol.
Quote by MV4824
She's a "new girl".. when did she ship to your home? What condition was she in?

Make sure to give the seller good feedback on ebay.. we all know humans are just objects after all.
Realize that life is a competition between you and every other human being out there. You've got to be better than anyone else in the world and being smarter, stronger, faster and better will be a leg up on society.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You're not done being flamed in your other thread yet

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
Quote by ldl67
School hasn't started yet.

UG is like heroin, spend too much time on it now and you won't be able to leave it later.

Yes, I just made that up because I didn't read all of the first post. Sue me.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
What is procrastination?

i'll tell you later

EDIT: DAMMIT, BEATEN TO IT!!!
Quote by crazy8rgood
i'll tell you later

It has already been said and I'm sure you read it and saw that someone was laughing. Dumbass.
Quote by crazy8rgood
i'll tell you later

EDIT: DAMMIT, BEATEN TO IT!!!

Beaten by seven whole minutes
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It has already been said and I'm sure you read it and saw that someone was laughing. Dumbass.

umm, no, i didnt see it, i just read the post saying "what is procrastination and decided to say that. i didnt realize it had already been said, so stfu.
Man up and deal with your responsibilities.

Prioritize and plan for the future, and get over yourself.

You can sit around on your ass on the couch when you're older when you deserve it, even if it is... so comfortable and inviting.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
first step is that you have to relax. stop worrying about it like you need to be in a rush. step back and tell yourself youll think about it later. for now just get high and play some video games or guitar. you have plenty of time. believe me, i had the same problem when i was 18 in college. i took my own advice and im now 23 and still havent finished what i started.......

maybe think about doing something that works with your pace, rather than the other way around? a major overhaul is tough but possible... are you able to get right down to other things in your day with consistency through out the month/year?
Get a really annoying family member to nag you all the time. Its quite annoying but at least you'll do it eventually to stop the nagging.
I believe Nike had a slogan that said " Just Do It".
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It