hello, i installed new strings on my gibson les paul same gauge as always (10-46) and my E string slides out of place in the bridge! (it slides up from the cavity it has.
why does this happen and how do i fix this?
Gibson les Paul studio
Schecter hellraiser C-1 FR 2008
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
Well what i think you saying is that the E string slides out of its slot in the nut...if this is an issue take a thin file and make the slot in the nut just deep enough to hold the string without bringing it to close to the fretboard and causing buzzing
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Is it staying in the nut slot? Are you tuned down from Standard? How deep is the slot in the saddle compared to the other saddles?
Why does it seem like people post responses to these threads that have no information helping the poster? Seriously though just file down that strings slot in the nut a little bit so it will hold...that will most likely solve the problem
-Gear-
Agile 2000
Hand Built Telecaster
Fernandes Acoustic/Electric
Line 6 Flextone 2 with Eminence Red Coat The Wizard Speaker
Roland Cube 15 (Practice Amp)
Cry Baby Wah
Hand Built Overdrive Box (From Ts-808 Schematic)
Hand Built Preamp Box
Don't use a file, get a piece of sand paper, like 600 grit, put it underneath the string, and slide the string back and forth in there. Not too much, do it little by little. You don't want a whole lot out, you can always take more out, but you can't replace it.
Everyone's saying to file the nut, but the TS said bridge in his first post

Are you downtuned? Did you raise the stopbar or lower the bridge while you were chaning strings or do something that may have affected how much tension is on the string?