i saw little of the time that followed
can't focus
pressed to the scent of tomorrow?
as things started to clear
i knew i'd be on my own
no blame for how i got here
just hoping
i could find my way home
The first stanza doesn't seem to amount to much except some pretty language (and if you want to make it prettier I'd remove 'like' from the first line). If I knew a little more of what was going on it might a greater impact, as is stands though there's too much that need be implied. The few rhymes were nice, especially in comparison to the second stanza, which became tedious. When finished, I was a bit confused because the title seems to fully contradict what's actual happening; it's not about the walk home, it's about the journey from home. I suppose the foreshadowing adds some interest to it but with the vague first stanza I think you'd be much better off just giving away what's happening with the title.

If I weren't here to critique this and give you a hard time, I'd say it was a pretty good read.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
Quote by AK.
The long walk home

i followed a slight feline like whisper
a scent half dreamt
made my nights last wish the
last acquisition
in this haze worthwhile
two warm lips
in a winters smile

i think the assonance of "slight feline like" doesn't work so well: "feline like" sounds uncomfortable to me. the second line however is much better. i liked the rest, particularly the last two lines. good opener

boldly i strolled
into the big red giant
and swiftly
became solely reliant
on my fingers as guide
in an old world unknown
as i brushed aside
thoughts of safety and home

the first problem i notice is the third and fourth line "and swiftly became solely reliant...". personally, i think the inclusion of the two adverbs is so close is too much. "old world unknown"...i feel like there could be something better here. the adjective "old" feels slightly weak. i liked the idea in this stanza though. made me think of a person stumbling blindly into love. the "fingers as a guide" was good, brought to mind an image of kissing.

can't focus
i knew i'd be on my own
just hoping
i could find my way home
i found this ending stanza as a whole slightly weak and came across as filler compared to the two previous stanzas. it just generates a lack of interest really as you don't seem to be saying a lot. "can't focus" seemed like a throwaway line/redundant after the first. the third line seemed quite glaring with it's phrasing as a question, unlike any other line in the piece.

on the whole, i think it started off well, but got slightly worse towards the end. seems a bit too thin on the ground though. not enough ideas going on to make this a memorable piece. but it's not a bad effort. i still feel the last stanza needs a lot of work. i hope this is helpful, if you get a chance to take a look at the bottom one in my sig, i'd appreciate it.
thank you both of you. i was trying to be vague because what it refers to is pretty crude and i didn't want that to jump out at the reader. but now i can see areas where i should have been more clear. it actually starts when i was already on my way home, and i got... side tracked. it took me about a further four hours from when this ends to actually get home.

sleep sickness... old world unknown got to me too, but i got stuck trying to thing of another way to describe a new twist on something you've done many times before.

also the can't focus line was a reference to opening your eyes when your kissing, and how it's all blurry and there was no way in hell i was going to see where i was going.

thanks again
Quote by AK.
The long walk home

i followed a slight feline like whisper
a scent half dreamt
made my nights last wish the
last acquisition
in this haze worthwhile
two warm lips
in a winters smile

Flow in this, to me, seems off...I like the idea behind this and the way its worded, it just needs a flow built onto it...

boldly i strolled
into the big red giant
and swiftly
became solely reliant
on my fingers as guide
in an old world unknown
as i brushed aside
thoughts of safety and home

Flow is disrupted on the fifth line...add 'a' before 'guide' should fix it up... Again I like the wording and the description...

can't focus
i knew i'd be on my own
just hoping
i could find my way home

Nice, well worded

At first I thought it was about running away from home for a chick, but you kind of cleared it up for me...

It was vague, yet well written

I liked it...
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!