lets say ive got A major key with 3 shaps, its relative is F minor right ?

so with 6 sharps, ive got F# major key, dunno if its relative counts as #, if its D# minor or just D minor, the sharps dont rly match like the others

im confused lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
The relative minor of A major is F# minor. The relative minor can always be found by going down a minor third from the root of the major key.
Quote by :-D
The relative minor of A major is F# minor. The relative minor can always be found by going down a minor third from the root of the major key.

I prefer finding the relative minor by looking at the 6th note of the scale but that way works just as well.
but like

F# major has = F C G D A E B sharps

D# minor , just the second note on the minor scale lands on a F natural, but the key says F is a sharp =(
---

---
Quote by the_extremist00
but like

F# major has = F C G D A E B sharps

D# minor , just the second note on the minor scale lands on a F natural, but the key says F is a sharp =(

If you were working with D# minor (Eb minor is enharmonic and much easier to work with), the second note would be E#. It's enharmonic to an F but is notated as E# to keep the scale formula correct. I think that's where the confusion comes from.
Quote by :-D
If you were working with D# minor (Eb minor is enharmonic and much easier to work with), the second note would be E#. It's enharmonic to an F but is notated as E# to keep the scale formula correct. I think that's where the confusion comes from.

Ahhh
i got it now

i was so focused on F and F# that i didnt notice that F = E# wich is one of the sharps

thanks XD
---

---
Quote by the_extremist00
Ahhh
i got it now

i was so focused on F and F# that i didnt notice that F = E# wich is one of the sharps

thanks XD

Sure, no problem; enharmonic tones, especially in a nutty key like D# minor, can drive you insane. Glad I could help.