Quote by i_got_novacain
ahh i just got a virus on my laptop from downloading software from uTorrent how can i get rid of it?

Hehe, I like your sig... irony!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
just get spyware doctor, that thing works great at removing viruses and the like, it removed more than 200 from my computer the day i got it.

hope that helps!!
Scan!
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
That'll teach you to next time have a antivirus program before downloading anything or even going online.

all these technologically impaired people.......
Quote by i_got_novacain
i don't know

yeah but when i do, it asks me to pay by credit card to use it

What the **** are you using torrents for anyway? You can get every antivirus program in the world online for free in torrents.
I don't know which you use, but it seems like a pretty bad one. ESET Nod32 is probably the best and fastest in the world. And I'm not being biased either. I've experimented with and tried almost all of them.
Quote by THE NEKRYPH
I don't know which you use, but it seems like a pretty bad one. ESET Nod32 is probably the best and fastest in the world. And I'm not being biased either. I've experimented with and tried almost all of them.

+1 on Nod32. I have it.

Although, I do also recommend Commonsense 2008 Edition.
Buy a Mac

lol jks of course, When I used windows, my dad installed Norton Antivirus on it, Seemed to work great.
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Speaking of viruses, some funky stuff's been happening with my computer and I don't want to spam by starting another thread for it.

Anyway, a couple of days ago my friend plugged his portable hard disk into my computer and I think I got a virus from him. My computer hanged a few minutes after he took his hard disk out and when my it started working again, I noticed these weird files titled "desktop.ini" in all of my folders. Whenever I try to delete it, a window pops up saying that some other programs on my computer might not work anymore if i delete it. I recently downloaded the AVG anti virus thingy and ran a scan on my computer but it didn't detect anything. So if anyone knows what's going on, any help would be appreciated

sorry for hijacking the thread
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by toton1989
Speaking of viruses, some funky stuff's been happening with my computer and I don't want to spam by starting another thread for it.

Anyway, a couple of days ago my friend plugged his portable hard disk into my computer and I think I got a virus from him. My computer hanged a few minutes after he took his hard disk out and when my it started working again, I noticed these weird files titled "desktop.ini" in all of my folders. Whenever I try to delete it, a window pops up saying that some other programs on my computer might not work anymore if i delete it. I recently downloaded the AVG anti virus thingy and ran a scan on my computer but it didn't detect anything. So if anyone knows what's going on, any help would be appreciated

sorry for hijacking the thread

I'm not 100 percent sure, but that might be because the hard disk was from a Mac. I know that Mac's have desktop.ini files everywhere, but hidden... When I plug in a USB stick from a Mac into my computer it has desktop.ini files and .trash folders.

EDIT: I'm wrong - read this: http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/797
Quote by i_got_novacain
i've downloaded it and it's scanning now, i don't have to pay for it do i?

i dont know, you might
Quote by BGSM
I'm not 100 percent sure, but that might be because the hard disk was from a Mac. I know that Mac's have desktop.ini files everywhere, but hidden... When I plug in a USB stick from a Mac into my computer it has desktop.ini files and .trash folders.

EDIT: I'm wrong - read this: http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/797

Dayuum that's a relief. I thought I had some virus that couldn't be detected by anti virus softwares and doesn't afraid of anything.

I've always wanted to use that meme
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"