im thinking of getting a new guitar and i cant decide whta to get. ive looked at Epiphone Les Pauls and SGs and have been fairly impressed by them. i have also looked at the Jackson Rhoads V and like it aswell.

my questions is, which one should i get? and if not any of those, which should i look at? i play rock metal and things like that.

Edit: i do not really have a price range yet, im gonna save up.
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
When you say looked at do you mean looked or played?
Originally posted by Beatallica_fan
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.
Quote by lefthandguitar
When you say looked at do you mean looked or played?

looked, i havent had any chance to play them
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
You you want to play metal, get a Jackson dinky. Those things play like a dream.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
epiphone les paul is a good choice. it's not too expensive and it has good tone in clean, the distortion is nice and heavy, squeelies are easy to pull off. another good not too expensive choice is shecter diamond series. really nice tone and great guitar for the money. if you feel like saving up a little more i'd say go for the the gibson les paul or a paul reed smith. both guitars are expensive, but you're getting the quality and sound, and of course the name on the guitar. whatever you get though, remember to play it and make sure you love it, cause nothing sucks worse than owning a guitar that isn't easy to play and you don't enjoy playing
I have an Epiphone Les Paul and I also play a lot of metal and rock and my guitar performs really well for both genres. Go with the Les Paul!
If you play Metal then two brands stand out and one isn't Epiphone, though I have to admit that the Prophecy Futura looks like great value. I'd look at Jackson in the form of either a DK2 or an RR3 as both are excellent. Other than that, I'd look at an Ibanez RG if you can afford one without the Edge III trem or the Ibanez 'S' series if you can't as they are really great guitars with a superb trem system.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1