Ok so iam getting a 7 string and ive narrowed it down to 2 guitars pick one. What ever you guys like best and tell me why.

First
Agile Interceptor Pro25
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1599.html

Next
Ibanez S7320
(Since i cant link the web site i will put specs and a pic)

neck type 3pc WizardII-7 neck
body Mahogany body
fret Jumbo frets
bridge ZR Tremolo bridge w/ZPS2
neck pu AH7-1 (H) neck pu
bridge pu AH7-2 (H) bridge pu

NeckDimensions

Scale 648mm/25.5"
a : Width at Nut 48mm
b : Width at Last Fret 65mm (at 21 F)
c: Thickness at 1st 19mm
d : Thickness at 12th 21mm
Radius 400mmR

http://dantheman1969.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ibanez-s7320.jpg

So pick what one you like and why so i can get help deciding which one.

THanks Peace
NICK-NAC PATTY WACK GIVE A DOG A HANDJOB!

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
Ibanez because the reverse headstock on the Agile is pissing me off

and ZR bridge > LFR
k thanks

The day I see a squirrel masturbating to pictures of other squirrels is the day that we'll lose our human uniqueness.
i agree, never trust a LFR. the only good licenced trems are the ones by ibanez (Edge and ZR)
get the ibanez
Well, its sort of a trade-off in some ways. The Agile has a better pickup set (EMG 707s), but has an LFR. The Ibanez has stock Ibanez pickups, which dont get great reviews, but has a ZR, which is better that the LFR. The Ibanez has a better neck possibly, thinner and a 3pc, where the Agile has a 5pc neck. So i guess the Ibanez, just change out the pickups maybe.
You should never place your fate in the hands of the people in the internet.

Try the guitars out, hear them for yourself. There's no way telling what you'd like better.

I'd say go with the Ibanez. Even though I dislike the ZR bridges, I prefer the edge pros.
i have tryed them both they both own but i need help on picking and i also already have a schecter.

Well you could always ask kurt to replace the LFR with an OFR, but that would increase the price (probably by about $100-$150) or you could get the agile and do it yourself ($200 + any frustration going along with installation.)

But if you don't want to mess with that I'd say Ibanez. But I would go for the Agile really, or atleast ask how much an OFR switch would be.
Quote by Wylde14
i agree, never trust a LFR. the only good licenced trems are the ones by ibanez (Edge and ZR)
get the ibanez

This is correct.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Ok sweet anyone else wanna contribute?

S7320 hands down, Agile is great for the price but those two in comparison you're going to be much happier with an S7320.
i tried out the s7320 the other day and it sounded great and i love the slim body. but the neck just didn't feel right for me. but thats just me, the agile looks pretty sexy tho
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Yea it dose look sexy. if i wanted to change my pups would you guys sugguest active pups or Pasive, and which pick ups?

The S7320 will need to be routed in order to accomodate for active EMGs, but changing the pickups should really be the last thing you consider. What amp are you using?
Despite what everyone else on UG says, the ZR trem is NOT good, and neither is that LFR. Go with a Shecter.
Dickless.
^I am assuming you have played with a ZR before in order to make such a rash statement. It may not be as responsive as an OFR for example, but its damn stable, even under the harshest use, IMO.
i play on a line 6 spider vavle, how much would the routing cost roughly?

Well for EMG's you would need to rout for a bass housing and also attatch some pickup rings, but if you really need to go active then i would highly recommend Duncan phase 1 blackouts, active sound but without the hacking of wood

...but as i say dont immediately think you need to replace the stocks, try then out with your setup and EQ then tweak it until it sounds good to you.

Pickup changes should be a compliment not a solution to your tone.
hmmm ok.

i also tryed out the RG1527 but on a relly crappy amp with crapy eq so i dont know how good they sound but if there any good. i Know they fell amazing but do they sound ok? if any on knows.

Quote by hmmm_de_hum
^I am assuming you have played with a ZR before in order to make such a rash statement. It may not be as responsive as an OFR for example, but its damn stable, even under the harshest use, IMO.

I've had to replace half the parts because they were cheap plastic, it doesn't hold tune for more than a few hours, and two of the fine tuners mysteriously stopped working. I've actually blocked off the trem because I open the nut so much to retune that it's not worth it.

Quote by Shwing55
i also tryed out the RG1527 but on a relly crappy amp with crapy eq so i dont know how good they sound but if there any good. i Know they fell amazing but do they sound ok? if any on knows.

It sounds good, nothing more, nothing less. Check out the jeff Loomis sig, you can find it for roughly the same price with better pickups than the Ibanez.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by MetalMilitia212
It sounds good, nothing more, nothing less. Check out the jeff Loomis sig, you can find it for roughly the same price with better pickups than the Ibanez.

The RG1527 has mediocre pickups anyway (which most people change), and the Loomis is about a grand (the FR one).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
The RG1527 has mediocre pickups anyway (which most people change), and the Loomis is about a grand (the FR one).

When he's changed the pickups though, he'll be over the price of the Loomis and be out time and energy. If you're going to be spending over $700, you really shouldn't have to do any work on the guitar to get what you want.

EDIT: They're actually the same price

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=8&TempID=9&STRID=13291&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1380&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=+7+string&Contains=%2Astring%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513832
Dickless.
iam onley at $500 so iam gunna go with the ibanez rg1527 or the s7320 the neck for most reasons and alson thay are both extremly comfortable to play standing up! so thanks every one you all have helped a ton!

Thanks again
Peace

Quote by MetalMilitia212
When he's changed the pickups though, he'll be over the price of the Loomis and be out time and energy. If you're going to be spending over $700, you really shouldn't have to do any work on the guitar to get what you want.

EDIT: They're actually the same price

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=8&TempID=9&STRID=13291&Method=2&CategoryID=0&BrandID=1380&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=3&SearchPhrase=+7+string&Contains=%2Astring%2A&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513832

Then I'm sorry to tell you that you that Sam Ash is overcharging: http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG1527
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yea and also the ibanez is cheaper got a better neck and trem and the pick up are the only down side but the not crappy the normal for factory pups so....

Whats better in ibanez neck a 3piece or 5 piece?