How can you tell how many BPM a song just by listening to it, or is there a way?

If not how many BPM does the song My Curse By Killswitch engage have?
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Last edited by Imalius at Aug 23, 2008,
Run a metronome at 60 BPM, then count how many beats you hear for every click of the metronome.

Multiply this by 60 and you get the BPM.

It's the same as measuring any periodic occurence.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
what i do is i tap my foot along with the song, stop the song while still tapping my foot and then match it up with my metronome. not 100% but it works and you can fine tune if it feels a bit slow or a bit fast. hope that helps
I make sure to have something with a tap function, tap my finger along to the song, and get the bpm. Also, if you can find the sheet music online, sometimes it says the bpm right there.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
ok yea I was thinking somethingalong the lines of tapping my foot
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Find the Guitar Pro tab if you have that program. It has the BPM in it.

My Curse is 174 BPM I think
Some metronomes have a 'tap tempo' feature where you tap a button in time and it registers the bpm. The Korg metronome I own has this feature. Other brands too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Storm Stenvold
~ http://www.guitarteacher.com
~ See It, Hear It, Play It!
~ Free Video Guitar Lessons, Jam Tracks + More!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote by Enclose

My Curse is 174 BPM I think

i know that its slower than that. my drummer can only play double bass for like one forty five max. and we play that song so much faster than the actual song live. its gotta be like one twenty or one thirty.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by NSHSpolevault
i know that its slower than that. my drummer can only play double bass for like one forty five max. and we play that song so much faster than the actual song live. its gotta be like one twenty or one thirty.

My GuitarPro file of the song has a 174 BPM and a google search also resulted in an answer close to 174