ok so i was doing some little tapping thingys on my spider (look at my sig im gettin a new amp) and when i would turn on my dunlop crybaby the guitar squeals like hell unless if i mute the strings im using so is there some technique so that the squeals dont squeal. if it makes a difference im using my gibby SG faded and the wah is the only pedal im using and i stand like 3-4 feet away from the amp. so any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
stand farther away?
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
Quote by anoreorcist12
stand farther away?

\
well if i go any further back then i'll be standing on my bed so i cant do that lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
wah's make squealies squeal even more i belive.... lok at zack wyllde(sp?)
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Get a longer chord, don't face the amp, the pick ups cause feedback, and watch how much master/gain you have going. Too much isn't good.
Quote by sandman-105
\
well if i go any further back then i'll be standing on my bed so i cant do that lol

practice in a larger room?
ie.
basement
tv room
i dunno.
Worst comes to worst you'll have to roll down your treble, or at least your tone knob, because the wah is adding enough treble frequencies to cause feedback.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by 18zzz18
practice in a larger room?
ie.
basement
tv room
i dunno.

dude im only fourteen i of course still live with my folks and they would rather have satan live here then to have all my gear in a any room that isn't my room.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I would think you need to use a noise gate/surppresor. But either way, it should be feedback.
umm, it's called feedback...will become the biggest pain in the ass....

but why are you getting a 120watt amp if you play in your bedroom?
Quote by sandman-105
dude im only fourteen i of course still live with my folks and they would rather have satan live here then to have all my gear in a any room that isn't my room.

lmao.
I'm 15 though i understand.
And i'm not a dude, i'm a girl. :P
How about your volume doesn't need to be on 10?

It's hard to get feedback on amps, it shouldn't be that easy unless you're maxing something out.
i've never used a crybaby but i have a weeping demon. im very noobish at wah pedals but mine has a switch for high and low wahs. the low one sounds more "wah" and then high one sounds almost like a squeal.
are you sure you dont have the inputs mixed up? if you plug wahs in the the opposite way they will squeal when they are activiated
NOPE
ok
1. to 18zzz18 my b for callin u a dude
2. i was just playin a couple of seconds ago and this time i faced opposite of the amp which
dramatically reduced the squeals
3. and also to the person who said y do u have a 120 watt amp well i am in a band and its SS
so its not really that loud even when its cranked up to 10 BTW i was playin like at 4 when\
it squealed

thanks for all the help
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
yes, you cranked a 120watt solid state amp, even though 120w=120w. In tube amps, the tubes will make the amp sound a lot louder and fuller. Overkill imo
turn the gain down, turn the treble down, stand further away.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com