i've heard everyone talk about ashdown bass amps and how they're better than fender and ampeg etc... i've never played on one but what makes them so great?
yeah, how can you beat a competitively priced amp thats reliable night after night and delivers a great tone?
I play bass!
iv heard people say that low-end ampeg stuff isnt that great and you mainly pay for the name

ashdown are good amps and you get what you payed for
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
i think with some of the ashdown combos, you get about 180w out of them and you have to plug in another cab to get the full 307w

but why are you complaining about the extra 7w
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
lol, im not i was jw, but do you know if the ampeg 300/115 amp with a 12AX7 pre amp would be better than the other BA ampegs?
I've got an Ashdown. I wasn't sure about it at first but it is an amazing amp. It sounds better than an ampeg and its a lot cheaper.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
I own a 300 watt ashdown and it is fantastic, the tone is superb and it even makes the higher notes sound warm, it was only $500 too.
Ashdown are personally not my Cup of tea!

I like SWR and Ampeg Tube amps

I have the worst taste to wallet ratio ever
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
I have an Ashdown Cab running a Warwick head, even that sounds better than some of the Ampeg stuff I've played. I'm not one for the classic tone.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Shoehorning a tube into it still doesn't make the Ampeg BA worth the money.
I reckon Behringer are better imo...

Nah Im pulling your leg
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
I reckon Behringer are better imo...

Nah Im pulling your leg

WHAT!! Behringer RULE!!, i love the fart sound they give, always managed to get rid of my constipation............

anyway, ive got an ashdown, and getting another one, ashdown tones are amazing, and the EQ on it are extremely versatile, you can get almost any tone out of it.