do you think metal is becoming more acceptable in places For example all the "popular kids" want to listen to my ipod and i dont fit out of anywhere becuz of music i listen to or do you think it is all the guitar hero crap making tons of "posers" like a couple days ago i was talking to a kid and he said he loved metal i asked him who his favorite band was and he said the scorpions so i asked him whats your favorite songs and he said all i know is rock you like a hurricane and then he said he knew more about rock in general and then he said he's been listening to it for a year (since he got guitar hero)

And if you didnt feel like reading that then

DO YOU THINK METAL IS MORE ACCEPTABLE?
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
tl;dr
well, guitar hero has played a huge role in popularising(WORD?) metal.
But, I suppose kids might not have been exposed to metal before.
well i can ask any one who plays guitar and il say slayer,and thel say raining blood,then ill say anthrax and then wha,but no one asks me to listen to my mp3,i have basically all types,i have slipknot,metallica,slayer,black tide ,scars on broadway,and five finger death punch so really i cant tell you
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
I don't think metal is becoming more acceptable.

I think what's becoming more acceptable is the delusion that many people hold as to what metal is. A perfect example of this is Dragonfarce, kids are listening to them and thinking "OMFG THIER LIEK SUCH AN ORIGINAL METAL BAND" when they haven't even heard any real power metal.

It's all just a continuation of what's been going on the past decade with nu-metal.

I'm ****ing sick of people asking me if I like A7X, Dragonforce, Linkin Park, Slipknot, BFMV etc when I tell them I listen to metal
It's fan base may be increasing, but it's really still not that acceptable due to the public misconceptions about the more extreme metal genres (black and death metal).

Congratulations.

Congratulions on making this thread. This very thread is testament to why all the twats in the world think "metal" is becoming more popular.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I don't think metal is becoming more acceptable.

I think what's becoming more acceptable is the delusion that many people hold as to what metal is. A perfect example of this is Dragonfarce, kids are listening to them and thinking "OMFG THIER LIEK SUCH AN ORIGINAL METAL BAND" when they haven't even heard any real power metal.

It's all just a continuation of what's been going on the past decade with nu-metal.

I'm ****ing sick of people asking me if I like A7X, Dragonforce, Linkin Park, Slipknot, BFMV etc when I tell them I listen to metal

Sorry, these always pop up once in awhile, and to answer your question, no real metal is not becoming more acceptable, trust me, it never will. Let this continue, these threads always provide some good laughs, especially with VG and Magero.

Amen to the bolded part, pisses me off.

Quote by VampireGoldfish

Congratulations.

Congratulions on making this thread. This very thread is testament to why all the twats in the world think "metal" is becoming more popular.

I was waiting for you to show up. Also, is that Citizen Kane? If so, I rather enjoyed that movie.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.