Page 1 of 2
So my friend is moving back to Germany on Tuesday after living with me for half a year. She wants to bring back some Canadian metal music. Anyone got some suggestions for anything relatively similar to stuff like Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, and such?

Right now, I'm thinking 3 Inches of Blood, can't really remember any bands that are Canadian off the top of my head right now though.
Voivod and Unexpect. Neither are similar to CoB or Maiden at all, but still. Get Voivod's discography. :P
Neuraxis, Kataklysm, Beneath The Massacre, Despised Icon, Nefastus Dies, Zimmer's Hole, The Last Felony, Divinity, Muspellheim, Archons, Descend Into Nothingness, Augury, Atheretic, and Into Eternity. This was all I could think of off the top of my head.

EDIT: How could I forget Martyr, Gorguts, and Voivod, check them out too.
QUO VADIS, Gorguts, Voivod, Beneath the Massacre, Cryptopsy, Into Eternity, Despised Icon.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Uhh protest the hero fortress album if you consider that metal... Has some pretty similar sounding stuff to iron maiden.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
3/4 of the bands mentionned are from Québec.

Yay.

Quo Vadis are very good, even though they will disband soon.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by QuebecMetal
3/4 of the bands mentionned are from Québec.

Yay.

Quo Vadis are very good, even though they will disband soon.

where else does goos metal come from in Canada? ...no where

Well, maybe like, regular metal, but all the good brutal and tech death comes from Quebec.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by AmpleSteak
Uhh protest the hero fortress album if you consider that metal... Has some pretty similar sounding stuff to iron maiden.

Eh... Not really.

Most of the good bands have already been mentioned.
the closest to Iron Maiden you will get out of Canada is 3 Inches of Blood
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

wow good call

why didn't I think of that

EDIT: OH YEAH. ANNIHILATOR. Forgot them, they're awesome.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

NOTHING at all like Iron Maiden, but if you want awesome Canadian metal...

Axis of Advance/Sacramentary Abolishment
Blasphemy
Geimhre (sp?)
Hellacaust
Wolven Ancestry
Annihilator
Not a single mention of Razor?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Sacrifice, Gorguts, Blasphemy, Razor, Voivod.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Hitches Wammer?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
though short lived, Hanover Fist was pretty good. came from winnipeg. They're more glam metal though so i dont think you'd like that...

Hanover Fist

Rush if you wanna call them metal... alot of people i know do.

IDK check out some of our crappy screamo shit, you might like it... i dont. take it all to germany with you.

/opinion
Last edited by Superstrat101 at Aug 24, 2008,
Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer Witches Hammer
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Trying to remember a cool Canadian Thrash Metal band from back in 84.... just cant quite remember their name....

Warlocks Mallet? No...
Gypsies Wallop? No....
Hags Ram? No....

Ah well. Not like anyone here listens to them.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Trying to remember a cool Canadian Thrash Metal band from back in 84.... just cant quite remember their name....

Warlocks Mallet? No...
Gypsies Wallop? No....
Hags Ram? No....

I LOVE HAGS RAM!!!

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by VampireGoldfish

Warlocks Mallet? No...
Gypsies Wallop? No....
Hags Ram? No....

Oh yeah, I think the band you were looking for was Termagant's Blunt Implement. Their song Extraterrestrial Christ was so f***ing sick.
Slaughter
Darkness Eternal
Warmarch

Witches Hammer are from the town 20 minutes from me. They're from North Delta and I'm from South Delta. Also Kooznetz, they're from Burnaby I think.
I was at the chiropractor's a couple days ago. We're talking, and he asks me what kind of music I listen to. Turns out my chiropractor is a huge Overkill fan.

Hopefully he won't wreck your neck
Not gonna lie... shameful that there's only been one mention of megadeth-calibre metal from canada in the form of Annihilator. Jeff Waters = Canada's Dave Mustaine minus all the controversy though plus more technical solos.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
Quote by Maidenhell666
Not gonna lie... shameful that there's only been one mention of megadeth-calibre metal from canada in the form of Annihilator. Jeff Waters = Canada's Dave Mustaine minus all the controversy though plus more technical solos.

yes... annihilator's an extremely underrated thrash band.

Quote by The Virtuoso

Quote by saphrax

WITCHES HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by MHDrunk
WITCHES HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow... witches hammer is pretty awesome. great guitar work... both acoustic & electric. very interesting. wish they had released something other than just eps.... or that i could find them somewhere... do you have any of their albums?

Quote by The Virtuoso

Quote by saphrax

Try to find their compilations Stretching Into Infinity and Canadian Speed Metal, they should be on blogsearch man. They tried to reform but no venue would let them gig because of the crowds they would attract!

Try also Tyrant's Blood, and Procreation (both from Canada)

lol, more like for shame for mentioning Mr. "I inflate hot water bottles with my mouth on stage"

Get her some nice Ross Bay War Metal
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Page 1 of 2