I bought this Jackson DK2M Pro a month ago as a daily practice guitar and I had average expectations from it. Most of my guitars are USA-made, so I'm used to well-made guitars. Anyway, it arrived and I was immediately impressed - the feel of the neck was great, the fret work was finished very well, and the overall quality of the guitar was excellent. This guitar is made in Japan, and it comes equipped with Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and Jazz (neck) pickups - an absolutely awesome combination for rock and metal.

So, I've had a month to jam on this guitar, many hours each day. It's been awesome. Even the licensed Floyd Rose bridge it comes with has been absolutely rock solid. Yeah, rock solid. The guitar stays in perfect tune, intonates perfectly, and the neck profile is just right - not quite as thin as an Ibanez Wizard, yet not as thick as an Ibanez X-neck (Destroyer). The matte finish on the maple neck is very nice, and it feels fast, and the black delrin inlays and binding look killer.

How does it sound? Fantastic. Very crunchy distortion with awesome sustain from a floating-bridge guitar with a bolt-on neck. No fret buzz at all - the neck was set up perfect from the factory. The volume and tone pots are very high quality, as is all the hardware. Dare I say, this guitar's quality is almost as good as my Soloist. Yeah, I said it. It's that good. $600 gets you one new, and it's worth every penny. I would have no problems at all taking this guitar live or recording with it. Enjoy the pics.

Those are seriously sweet ass guitars. I've tried a couple out and they've had the best neck of any guitar I've had my hands on. I'm looking to get one in blue.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

A good LFR? No way. I thought they were all deemed terrible.

I might actually look at that. I kind of steer clear of FRs because the only guitars in my price range have licensed ones.
Verry nice-looking. And for $600, it shounds like a good guitar that could rival US Jacksons perhaps?
I like Jacksons, they just don't make enough 7s and their neck heel feels like a brick to me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
it looks a lot like the jackson dinky dkmg except for a different neck and headstock and pickups.
I played that same guitar and loved it, I'm definetly getting it. But the store doesnt carry trans finishes and I just wanted to know how thick the veneer would be? Is it paper thin? Im hoping its around 1\8".
Now that I think about it, the DK2M I played the other day had a different trem (it was more like an OFR than the trem shown above)...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
WANT! It's actually a first time I see mahogany fretboard with black inlays.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Wow, that looks killer!

I'd look into it for my next guitar, but I don't want a FR, licensed or not. I like to change tunings a lot, and I don't use trem much.

How are the pickups? I've heard that those two SD are a good combo. And I love Maple fretboards, it's a shame that I don't see many on "metal" guitars as often.
Saint Louis Blues
Join the jackson clubs know lol. I nearly got one of those but found a great deal on the soloist. Also the lfr is very reliable guys and you can swap it out for an ofr
Quote by SpellCaster
WANT! It's actually a first time I see mahogany fretboard with black inlays.

It's maple...
Quote by The Picker
Wow, that looks killer!

I'd look into it for my next guitar, but I don't want a FR, licensed or not. I like to change tunings a lot, and I don't use trem much.

How are the pickups? I've heard that those two SD are a good combo. And I love Maple fretboards, it's a shame that I don't see many on "metal" guitars as often.

Well, Jackson has some fixed bridge Dinkys, but only this one has a maple fretboard. You could try blocking the trem?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude

Well, Jackson has some fixed bridge Dinkys, but only this one has a maple fretboard. You could try blocking the trem?

Yeh, maybe, or then again I could try building my own based off a Jackson. I've always wanted to build a guitar.
Saint Louis Blues
Thanks for the review, but I once tried one of these and absolutely hated it... It just felt like a toy to me. Like it was made of plastic... There was something about it that I just didn't like. The weight, the feel... And I have a friend with a KE3 and he says that the bridge is terrible and can't hold the tune.
Now you got me confused. Damn you Scream and Fly. Damn you and shame on you .
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Looks nice but the volume knob placement would annoy the hell out of me.
Quote by Steven Wright
If God dropped acid, would he see people?
Can I request a picture of the width of the neck?
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Can I request a picture of the width of the neck?

I would also like to see this.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by Scream And Fly
Sure - here you go

Cheers.

Have you played an Epi' LP before? If so, how does the neck compare with comfort/size between the Dinky and the LP?
Signatures are overrated.
jackson lfr's are supposed to be the best LFR's. sturdiest. good buy. i want a soloist.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I'm hoping to get one of these in a month or so.
Sexy guitar dude
did you order it online?
Quote by Toniofalcon
A good LFR? No way. I thought they were all deemed terrible.

I might actually look at that. I kind of steer clear of FRs because the only guitars in my price range have licensed ones.

The MIJ LFRs are kickass, my Jackson Professional has a LFR on it and it stays rock solid, just like TS's
Quote by madshatter
it looks a lot like the jackson dinky dkmg except for a different neck and headstock and pickups.

that's because they're both dinkys

Quote by Moe.
Cheers.

Have you played an Epi' LP before? If so, how does the neck compare with comfort/size between the Dinky and the LP?

the jacksons neck is about the same width as my les pauls, but is slightly slimmer. string spacing is also slightly smaller on the jackson, imo it plays a lot better.
Quote by CHIEF-CHEESE
Looks nice but the volume knob placement would annoy the hell out of me.

i actually like it, it's easy to use it while you play... i got used to it on my dk2...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
I have one of these in inferno red. Sounds freakin great. Very nice guitar with good build quality. Unfortunately I ve slowly come to dislike the neck. I find myself going back to my rg321 because of it's wizard neck. Think I maybe selling if off for a RG1570.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube