I've currently got a Fender Frontman 15 DSP, I love the cleans on it, but it gets pretty suckish if you turn up the gain, which is bad because I play Metal but I often use cleans in my Metal songs... think Rammstein, they use lots of cleans, so does Metallica

anyway, would it be better for me to get a distortion pedal, like the metal Muff,
Or just get a whole new amp that is pretty versatile like a cube or Vox?

EDIT: I Play a Jackson RR3 through it and my budget is about 300 dollars, Iplay Metal more in the Rammstein and Metallica style...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

If you're just playing by yourself then get a Micro Cube and save the rest for a decent high gain amp down the road, but if you're in a band then try and find a used Cube 60.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
so the cube gives that nice Fender clean pretty well? I've been looking at em, but just one more reason to go buy it...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

right now, get a distortion pedal, maybe not a metal muff tho, and save the rest for a good hi-gain tube amp when you need gigging power.
Quote by qotsa1998
right now, get a distortion pedal, maybe not a metal muff tho, and save the rest for a good hi-gain tube amp when you need gigging power.

When you think about it, the micro cube is the same price as a decent distortion pedal, and even then I would think that the distortion would be better on it than a pedal in the <$120 range.

And to answer your question, yes it has a some pretty nice cleans, and it has a fender model if the JC model doesn't work for you.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by Meddled
Save up for a tube amp.

Generic UG response #1

Buy a microcube, tube amps aren't essential to good tone and modelling and effects can help you find out what you like.
Quote by Horlicks
Generic UG response #1

I was being satirical!
Quote by VanTheKraut
so the cube gives that nice Fender clean pretty well? I've been looking at em, but just one more reason to go buy it...

They will do a better fender clean than your current fender amp. Theres a black panel setting which models the classic fender clean/slight overdrive depending on the level of gain you use. Not as good as the real thing, but better than what you currently have, despite not being an actual fender amp! And for metal distortion theres the Metal (self explanatory really) and Recto settings.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.