I was thinking about buying this guitar and I just wanted to know a few things. How does it compare to other guitars in it's price range when it comes to versatility and tone? Would it be worth to buy it?
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jay Turser Strat copy
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
says in your sig that youre saving up for an RR1.
dont buy it, not even close to as good as the RR1, just wait and youll have your RR1, youll put yourself out some money if you buy the Dinky...even though those maple fretboards are pretty BA if you ask me.
just keep saving for the ONE you want.
I mean no disrespect, but if you type "DK2M" into the search bar, you'll find about a bajillion posts on that guitar.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Probly one of the best guitars in the $600 (new) price range. And someone just posted a review of the Dk2m he relly liked it.
I love my Dinky. It's neck plays so smoothly.
But if you're on your way for a RR1 I'd say go for the RR1.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
If you're considering this over the RR1, the DK2M will obviously pale in comparison. I'm sure the DK2M is good, but the licensed floyd makes me wonder... If you really want to buy a guitar for cheaper and not the RR1, for the same price i would suggest you look at the ibanez S520EX, schecter, or maybe even an Epiphone Prophecy Futura.
EDIT:
Quote by Steel8909
Probly one of the best guitars in the $600 (new) price range. And someone just posted a review of the Dk2m he relly liked it.

So do the guys that have line 6 spider IIIs. I wouldn't pay attention to reviews on the site.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I love my Dinky. It's neck plays so smoothly.
But if you're on your way for a RR1 I'd say go for the RR1.

+1000000001
well the one things i really dont like about the RR1 is that it only has 22 frets...and really it depends on what style of music you play..ive been playing metal now..and you do need the use of 24 frets usually...so idk...there are some rhoads that have 24 frets like the RR24..but idk how that is..if you want something cheep the dk2m is a really good guitar for the price..it plays really well..but the RR1 will definatly last you a lifetime =]
If you want a Jackson V that has 24 frets AND the quality of the RR1, go for the KV2.

Also: i dont know why all these people are comparing a 2200$ guitar with a 600$ guitar. Offcourse the RR1 is better, but its moronic to compare them anyway.
The DK2M is a hell of a guitar, and is imo the best choice under 800$. If you want to spend 1000$, id say get a Charvel San Dimas model for 999$ (or is that list price?). These guitars have KILLER specs, and they are built in the factory that once made the best rock guitars in the world.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 24, 2008,
Or an early 90s Jackson Rhoads Pro. The import so good it was destroying the sales of the USA Rhoads.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt