Hey, so i've been trying to work this out for ages now, and nothing that any website is saying helps...

i think it will be really quick, and i feel stupid for having to ask.

i have an unsecured wireless network, and i want to secure it. ive set every password that i can find, but it still says that its unsecured.

all i want to know is how to turn this:

into something like this...

pleeeeeease help me.

sorry that i had to come to UG, by the way. i just know that most of you are helpful, computer literate and friendly.

thanks.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Hmmm...I'd say remove the network, Google instructions for how to setup a secure network and follow them. I really don't know much about networking, but hope I can help.
Quote by halfback_712
Hmmm...I'd say remove the network, Google instructions for how to setup a secure network and follow them. I really don't know much about networking, but hope I can help.

ive tried that. ive been to countless websites and they have all said to set up a password so that people cant log in and change the settings of the router, but not how to stop people from actually using my wireless.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
What brand is your router? What model?
You just have to log in into the router.
most routers have it @
http://192.168.1.1

Try that, and set it up there.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
What company router are you using? You need to access the routers setup page. Try typing the following addresses into your browser:
And for the password, try combinations of "admin, admin" "(blank), admin" etc. Alternatively, just search the name of your router as well as "default password" in google. Once you get to the setup page I'll tell you further instructions.