So about a week ago I bought a 1999 Pontiac Firebird with a 3800 Series II 3.8 liter V6 with about 200,000 Miles on it...

Long story short, the engine now will cost 1,300$ to fix (broken rod) so I've decided to just put in a new engine with less miles...

My question is, if I got a new (uesed) engine for it from say, a 2000 Chevy Impala, the engine would easily work with my car without having to mess with a bunch of stuff right?

Basically would this engine (or maybe one from a different car) as long as its still a 3800 Series II it should simply be mounted in/ hooked up and it will work how it did with the engine my car has now?
UG's HIPPIE
i dont know anything about these engines but you best to ask this on the firebird forums. you never know sometimes even the same engines have different parts on them.... (for example a 1jzgte from a jdm spec toyota chaser is different then a 1jzgte from a toyota soarer because of the different style oil pans. I'm saying that even if its the samne engine code there might be differences like air intake configuration, etc. good luck man.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
You can make pretty much anything work man.
ESP KH-202 emg-hz
ESP KH-502, duncan custom 5, duncan 59
1978 alverez acoustic
Peavey valveking 100 head
line 6 4-12 cabinet
EVH flange, wilson q-wah, boss chorus ensemble, dunlop brick power supply
Quote by evhaustin5150
You can make pretty much anything work man.

I know I can make anything work. But I'm looking for simplicity here, if this was a project car I'd be dropping in a 350. But the problem is, it's my daily driver... I want it running asap with little or no problems.
UG's HIPPIE