Currently I play a Spider 3 and just realized the tone is not the most desirable one I'd like. I play metal, but would prefer a good clean tone as well. Mainly I want a good thrashy tone. Could you guys recommend me a good tube amp $500 or less?

I've been looking at the Peavey ValveKing.
The valveking is pretty good for you. Actually I have a Spider III and i'm buying the Valveking in a few weeks.
You could do a lot better than a VK for $500. Especially if you look used.

See if you can find an Ashdown Fallen Angel. They have a real nice thrash tone. Otherwise look into a used Randall RG50TC.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
The Valveking seems like a hit and miss for you. Its OD is pretty good (Especally for thrash) but the cleans are absolutely horrible, like unaceptable horribe.

As stated before a Randall RG50TC seems like it would be more suited towardes what you want.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by SSL27
You could do a lot better than a VK for $500. Especially if you look used.

See if you can find an Ashdown Fallen Angel. They have a real nice thrash tone. Otherwise look into a used Randall RG50TC.

I've owned an Ashdown Fallen Angel for almost 3 years - where is this thrash tone you speak of!? Its a great amp for classic rock based stuff but its not the amp you want if you're looking for a heavier tone.
I dunno. When I played one I had what I thought was a decent trash tone when I used an OD, but I don't really listen to much thrash, so I'm not sure what my opinion on a good trash tone would be worth...
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.