So today I found out the guitarist in my band didn't know what humbuckers, single coils, or any pick-up for that matter were.

I thought this was kind of strange because he has been playing for awhile and is pretty good, I figured he knew what the stuff on his instrument was called.

Anyways, have any of you had something like this happen?

A bassist that didn't know what a pickguard was? A guitarist that didn't know you could change strings?

Share.
Well I've been playing for over a year and still have NO idea what the hell tone is...also my band had a guitarist that didn't know there was any other tuning than standard...
yeah a lot of guitarists dont know what "the action" on a guitar is.
Me: Wow the action on your guitar is pretty high.
Them: What?
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

i used to think that the amp is what matters
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by SharpSpoon
So today I found out the guitarist in my band didn't know what humbuckers, single coils, or any pick-up for that matter were.

I thought this was kind of strange because he has been playing for awhile and is pretty good, I figured he knew what the stuff on his instrument was called.

Anyways, have any of you had something like this happen?

A bassist that didn't know what a pickguard was? A guitarist that didn't know you could change strings?

Share.

Sure
They were people that payed attention to PLAYING more than the technical stuff.
Like they knew if they twisted this knob and flicked this switch it would give them the sound they wanted, but they didnt know what those knobs or switches were lol.
chick guitarist : "I loved the way you were tapping so fast on your bridge."
me.....: "I was tapping on my bridge?...really?.....i've never seen a bridge with frets before."
Quote by slash4114
yeah a lot of guitarists dont know what "the action" on a guitar is.
Me: Wow the action on your guitar is pretty high.
Them: What?

I would fall into the "Them" category
Quote by guitarsolo_17
chick guitarist : "I loved the way you were tapping so fast on your bridge."
me.....: "I was tapping on my bridge?...really?.....i've never seen a bridge with frets before."

it's a joke right?
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
topic is now about Ford Ranger vs. Dodge Ram
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by crucible#1
A UGer that didnt know how to use the SEARCH BAR!!!

jk

omg... i didn't know where it was till i saw ure post and looked for it... :O
~Carl
Quote by magnum1117
it's a joke right?

no it happened...she just kept saying bridge tapping .....i stopped tapping for about 4 months after the incident
Quote by Exo M7

agreed...ok, i go for Dodge, with no basis for my argument.
I used to think that my guitar was a piano.

That was an embarrassing year.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Quote by Imme94
I would fall into the "Them" category

Action = string height from the fretboard
My guitar teacher in high school knew nothing about pickups.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by Rave765
Action = string height from the fretboard

Oh thanks!!! and my guitar teacher this past year had no clue about anyhting on the guitar.
Im still in arms about whether a Fret is the space between the metal things or the metal stips themselves.
No joke, ive read like 30 different opinions!
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Well I don't really know much about the hardware either.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by Exo M7

That's not even a competition...they're completely different sized trucks...It should be either Ford Ranger vs. Dodge Dakota or Ford F150 vs. Dodge Ram.

You Fail!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
Im still in arms about whether a Fret is the space between the metal things or the metal stips themselves.
No joke, ive read like 30 different opinions!

It's the space.
Get a Carvin. Do it.