How do I play chords like this with 4 fingers? Also, is "e" the 6th string or 1st?

e--3
B--3
G--0
D--2
A--2-
E--0-
e is high e.. this chord you use your pinky and ring finger for the threes and the forefinger and middlefinger for the twos. its like an em7 or sumthin like that..
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
well cover the e and b strings with either you ring finger or ring finger and pinky finger .. and you could cover the d and a strings with your indix and middle finger, the E and G strings are open so you do not need to cover them. hopefully this helps.
the 0's mean open, you only need to hold down the A,D,B and e strings. Pretty sure most people only have 4 fretting fingers
e is the highest pitched sting, or the string closest to your leg if you are sitting down and playing. put your pinky on e3, your ring finger on B3, your middle finger on D2 and your index finger on A 2 and you should have it. if you arent comfortable using your pinky yet you could probably barre the 2 notes on the 3rd fret with your ring finger .
e-0-
b-0-
g-0-
d-2-
a-2-
E-0-
i only have 4 fingers and a thumb!!!!! help me!!!!!!!there are too many numbers here!!!!it requires all six strings what the hell is going on!!!!!!!!

maybe ill play bass
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Aug 23, 2008,
Hate to be obnoxious/arrogant here, but you have read the thread before posting, haven't you?

You don't need to use any fingers on any of the "0"'s, since they're open strings. Just play the string without fretting it.

In the chord you gave (Em, I think?), I'd personally hit the 2 2nd frets on the D and A strings with my 1st and 2nd fingers (the ones nearest the thumb). Then without touching any of the opens with my fretting hand (right in my case, I'm a lefty), strum.

If you've still got problems with this, try the "lessons" section of the site, find yourself a lesson on tabs or chords.
no offense but are you dislexic?? cna yuo raeb htiz porpreIy?
sorry i thought this was ridiculous. yeah 0 means open. as in the zero-th fret. no finger required buddy
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
maybe he wants to do the barre version of that chord?

if so then you would need to do the e and B strings with one finger oh and

e is the high e string the (thinnest) and
E is the low e string (the thickest)
and for you guys taking the piss.... everyone had to start somewhere.... im sure there was a day that you couldnt finger chords correctly... cut him/her a bit of slack...
Quote by skoodley
and for you guys taking the piss.... everyone had to start somewhere.... im sure there was a day that you couldnt finger chords correctly... cut him/her a bit of slack...

There's no excuse for not reading the replies people have already posted - the question's been answered perfectly well.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
highlordmugfug, lunchbox, Check your emails.
Been away, am back
Quote by Lunchbox362
retard.
I know his banned, but that kind of stuff annoys me pretty bad. Someone is trying to get help, and someone is just being a turd.
Quote by Logz
highlordmugfug, lunchbox, Check your emails.

thank you, sorry for being a jerk, at least i didnt call him a retard though

EDIT: to threadstarter, do you not know how a guitar is tuned?....
?
it goes, from lowest to highest, Eadgbe
so of course "e" is the highest string

that is, in standard tuning anyways...
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by highlordmugfug
thank you, sorry for being a jerk, at least i didnt call him a retard though

EDIT: to threadstarter, do you not know how a guitar is tuned?....
?
it goes, from lowest to highest, Eadgbe
so of course "e" is the highest string

that is, in standard tuning anyways...

No, you were being an idiot and trolling. And your not helping matters by calling me a "jerk".

next time, read the fucking rules before posting.
Your next warning will result in a 30 day ban.
Been away, am back
Quote by Logz
No, you were being an idiot and trolling. And your not helping matters by calling me a "jerk".

next time, read the fucking rules before posting.
Your next warning will result in a 30 day ban.

I don't usually question the mods but he didn't actually call you a jerk, he apologised for being one.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I don't usually question the mods but he didn't actually call you a jerk, he apologised for being one.

ah yea.
appologies.
Been away, am back
There was never a time I couldn't read that, sorry. Probably the single number one first thing I learned was how to tell what the hell they meant, followed by how the hell to get my fingers there.
Yeah this is just an open position Em7 chord... Just to re-re-re-re-re-rere-reinforce what everyone else has said, 0 is open string, so you don't fret anything. So really instead of being a hard chord (omg 6 strings - 4 fingers ahhh!) with a bit of practice, your fingers will fall on to these frets incredibly easily. For now, try it, if it hurts, stop, then try again, and again, and eventually your fingers wll increase in strength and you'll be able to play the chord cleanly (and this chord does make a very nice sound).
Quote by PapaSchumpf
it has to be good. jonas brothers play the bigger version of it

Member of Les Paul Liberators...Click here if you have a Les Paul
Rate my songs... Here
you don't need to play all six strings

just use your four fingers on the strings that don't have a zero on them
you just play strings with 0 on them open.

happy playing
as said before 0's are open. also if u have someththing like this
E--12---
B--12---
G--13---
D--13---
A--14---
E--12---

use one finger to barre the 12th fret then use ur other fingers to hold the 2 13's then use ur pinky for the 14

Quote by Lunchbox362
retard.

i ****in hate people like this that act like the first time they picked up the guitar they had a ****in clue what they were doing.
Quote by cblowrun
e is high e.. this chord you use your pinky and ring finger for the threes and the forefinger and middlefinger for the twos. its like an em7 or sumthin like that..

That seems like a lot of extra work to me. I'd just play it like a power chord. When I'm playing the same fret on two different strings like that, I tend to press down between the strings instead of fingering each one separately. I don't like it when a chord turns into a cluster**** of random finger positions.
Quote by Survivalism
That seems like a lot of extra work to me. I'd just play it like a power chord. When I'm playing the same fret on two different strings like that, I tend to press down between the strings instead of fingering each one separately. I don't like it when a chord turns into a cluster**** of random finger positions.

It's easier using your pinky & your ring finger. With powerchords aswell.