Hey guys,
Got my new PGM301(paul gilbert model) a couple days ago. Anyways I recorded me playing Curse of Castle Dragon by Paul Gilbert. Its not my best but I think its pretty good. Mic'd it up with my SM57. Ive been playing for 2 years(if you haven't read that on all of my other posts lol) .Actually I looked at my first guitars receipt today and it'll be two years next month. Let me know what you think!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI1-6pn8J6s
Last edited by GuitarEvan07 at Aug 23, 2008,
pretty good, the chorus thingy part with the bends sound kinda off or odd or something idk why.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
It was hard to hear you over the drums sometimes, mainly the intro and the main riff.

The bluesy bit just after the fast lick, your first bend was a little out of tune.

I THINK you're playing a little slower than the actual song, but that may just be my sense of timing.

A few bits here and there are sloppy, like the few notes before the melodic minor run in octaves, and the melodic minor run was sloppy too, just slow down a bit and practice more.

This isn't your best cover, I'd say it's your worst, no offence, you need to work on your alternate picking alot more by the looks of it and you need to add more vibrato to make your playing seem a bit more "alive" (that's how I put it) instead of straight notes.

But your playing's mostly clean (except for your solo, that was the worst part of the song) just needs some cleaning up and some work on your alternate picking and you should be set.
Quote by XianXiuHong
It was hard to hear you over the drums sometimes, mainly the intro and the main riff.

The bluesy bit just after the fast lick, your first bend was a little out of tune.

I THINK you're playing a little slower than the actual song, but that may just be my sense of timing.

A few bits here and there are sloppy, like the few notes before the melodic minor run in octaves, and the melodic minor run was sloppy too, just slow down a bit and practice more.

This isn't your best cover, I'd say it's your worst, no offence, you need to work on your alternate picking alot more by the looks of it and you need to add more vibrato to make your playing seem a bit more "alive" (that's how I put it) instead of straight notes.

But your playing's mostly clean (except for your solo, that was the worst part of the song) just needs some cleaning up and some work on your alternate picking and you should be set.

Thanks for the time and criticism man. But no its at the right speed. Yeah I know. I didn't spend that much time on this song. I'm gonna spend a bit more time and learn the rest of the parts. I'd say its my worst too, considering there is only one other COVER, and that was Scarified, which was really good(the mic'd one). Of course, everyone needs to work on their alternate picking more, but watch my scarified Mic'd video. I do pretty darn well with my alternate picking on that video along with good vibratos. I think this video just has a bit less effort into it. Thanks though. Heres a link to the scarified video I was talking about though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qc_60iuXxU
Just listened to you version btw. Your runs are a bit sloppy as well. Your bends are also off. just saying. Your solo has quite a few wrong notes as well. the main riff's bends are out of tune too. Some wrong rhythms here and there. Just saying.
Quote by GuitarEvan07
Just listened to you version btw. Your runs are a bit sloppy as well. Your bends are also off. just saying. Your solo has quite a few wrong notes as well. the main riff's bends are out of tune too. Some wrong rhythms here and there. Just saying.

UG isn't telling me you listened to my version of Curse Of Castle Dragon, but ok, I'll take your word for it.