I want an effects pedal for playing heavy metal. I want to get that real crunchy palm muting sound (think Seek and Destroy).

My guitar is an AXL FireAx and my amp a Roland Cube100(it's not a bass amp btw)
when my amps on the distortion it doesn't make too much of a difference so do you think i would need a more high output amp first?
metal muff
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Boss Metal Zone. That thing has so much crunch and attack behind it, it blows you away. It also has the full, powerfull sound thats kinda hard to get out of anything else.
hetfield apparently used a ProCo Rat distortion pedal on the Kill 'Em All album, so if you want a seek and destroy sound, you'd probably be best to go with that if you can
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
well i've never heard of a roland cube 100, only up to 60. but cubes are usually really great with metal, and pedal usually isnt required....but this is wat u want. I play heaps od metallica, and i know all of seek and destroy, and one of the best pedals for metallica and 80s stuff like that, is digitech death metal, its a great pedal for all metal and it gives u an awesome metallica sound, u could also try a boss mt-2 or digitech distortion factory df-7 (but the df-7 is about $100 more), hope i helped
Quote by Mike 'em all
one of the best pedals for metallica and 80s stuff like that, is digitech death metal, its a great pedal for all metal and it gives u an awesome metallica sound, u could also try a boss mt-2 or digitech distortion factory df-7 (but the df-7 is about $100 more), hope i helped

^ i agree, but the digitech grunge is close and doesn't feedback as much as the deathmetal,(not to say deathmetals arent good)
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by MrWeenie
hetfield apparently used a ProCo Rat distortion pedal on the Kill 'Em All album, so if you want a seek and destroy sound, you'd probably be best to go with that if you can

I read in an interview with Kirk that they used a Boss DF-2 Super Distortion and Feedbacker.
Quote by Mike 'em all
well i've never heard of a roland cube 100, only up to 60. but cubes are usually really great with metal, and pedal usually isnt required....but this is wat u want. I play heaps od metallica, and i know all of seek and destroy, and one of the best pedals for metallica and 80s stuff like that, is digitech death metal, its a great pedal for all metal and it gives u an awesome metallica sound, u could also try a boss mt-2 or digitech distortion factory df-7 (but the df-7 is about $100 more), hope i helped

My Cube-100 is pretty old and isnt made any more. I haven't played the newer ones but they probably have a better distortion than this one. thanks
santa must have came early this year, and gave all of you a stocking full of fail.
dont get a digitech or boss.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
santa must have came early this year, and gave all of you a stocking full of fail.
dont get a digitech or boss.

haha then what?
Damage Control!
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
nah digitech's and boss' are really good, i would really reccomend getting the digitech df-7 if u can afford it, seeings it has the metal zone preset built in, and ibanez tube screamer...and that proCo rat preset in it aswell...so pretty much it covers lots of great metal sounds.
Quote by Mike 'em all
nah digitech's and boss' are really good, i would really reccomend getting the digitech df-7 if u can afford it, seeings it has the metal zone preset built in, and ibanez tube screamer...and that proCo rat preset in it aswell...so pretty much it covers lots of great metal sounds.

Wow
Whats with all the fail in this thread?

TS, I know the roland cube series is preety awesome, however it may become a hassle to get an OD for one because of the sterility of solid state amplifiers.

You may actually seek out saving for a new amp, however, I would reccomend say a tube based pedal in the meantime ( It might increase the organic texture of the sound).
Rocktron Silver Dragon
Damage Control Demonizer (or other assorted damage control products)
Zvex Box Of Metal.
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Boss Metal Zone. That thing has so much crunch and attack behind it, it blows you away. It also has the full, powerfull sound thats kinda hard to get out of anything else.

Best laugh I've had all week!
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
There's a Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory for sale here sec. hand http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=178598282

Its only $120 NZD which is $180 cheaper than it is brand new in NZ and this seems like a really good pedal. SHould I buy it?

I dont think buying a new amp is necessary at the moment as I'm not currently in a band, so I'm only playing in my room. I just wan't to get a better sound for metal which I'm not getting from my Tubescreamer TS-7 effects.