Inspired by the M.C. Escher thread.

Dali's stuff has always been the most interesting to me. I got the chance to visit a Dali museum in Paris a year or two ago. Anyone else like his stuff?

This is one of my favorites:

It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
YES!
absolutly adore Dali
i don't really have a favourite though becasue each piece so so different and holds its own merits
The painting that TS posted is named: "Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranite One Second Before Awakening". My favorite band has an album inspired by that painting. It is a very good album. I like Salvador Dali.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I don't know much about Salvador Dali (well, except the Melting Clocks picture I think), but I once saw this short cartoon he made with Walt Disney. Effin' masterful, I tell you what.

It's called "Destino", and it's very, very cool.
Saint Louis Blues
I love him. Everyone should go to the Dali museum in St. Petersburg, Florida.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The Elephant is beautiful, if I could only have the hours back that Ive spent trying to recreate it.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I love dali i was at his apartment work in Barca

MetamorphosisOfNarcissus

hallucinogenic toreador

modern artists today couldnt do this stuff, if they had the training they could be considered artists but all they are is con-artists
Last edited by KittehShred at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by The Picker
Eh, here's a very short clip of Destino I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO1ghQFSXro&feature=related

There are longer versions on Youtube as well, but they are bootlegs, so I thought it would be bad to post them. It apparently was started in the 1940s and only released recently.

Looks cool man. Is the full version only about 5 minutes long?
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31
Looks cool man. Is the full version only about 5 minutes long?

Yeah, I think so. I saw it in a kind of indie film theatre a few years back. They showed it after the previews but before the actual movie, so it wasn't very long.

=
Saint Louis Blues
I would consider myself a fan. I went to the official museum in his hometown two summers ago, it was all sorts of awesome.
Quote by RentACar
I have an autographed copy of Don Quichote in my house. WORD.

that will be worth a bit