Can somebody give me a link to a bunch of scales to practice? As of now all my practice consists of is playing songs and riffs ive learned, people say its better to practice with scales sometimes, so im asking, anybody know a site?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I do major and minor scales in every key and then their respective arpeggios (1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th note) as a warm up.
just search for pentatonic and ionian scales... DO IT WITH A METRONOME. Its a pain, but worth it
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
I might be wrong but I thought this site had tons of lessons and what not of scales o-o. But I recomend books, there are tons of books that have tons of scales, and that can teach you to play the scale in every position.
http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html

that should give you enough scales to practice for a few years, you can just look at the different chords formed out of basic triads and practice thsoe or look at the full scales, shouldn't take you too long to figure out how the site works
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Practicing scales isn't all that useful - learning and understanding scales is. You can use scale patterns as warmups or exercises but it's far more useful to create practical exercises from them rather than playing straight scales.

The worst thing you can do is go and learn a bunch or random scale patterns, that won't teach you anything and won't help your playing one bit. If you really want to learn scales then Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section are a great place to start.

If you just want a few patterns to use as picking exercises that's fine as long as you're aware of the limitations- it's purely of technical benefit and practicing scale patterns is no more beneficial than practicing anything else. In my opinion it's of less use...if you want to get good at a particular song then practice the song, if you want to become a better all-round player then practice licks and exercises that you can actually use in your playing. Straight scale runs are hardly ever used in actual playing, because they're boring, so why practice them?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Practicing scales isn't all that useful - learning and understanding scales is. You can use scale patterns as warmups or exercises but it's far more useful to create practical exercises from them rather than playing straight scales.

The worst thing you can do is go and learn a bunch or random scale patterns, that won't teach you anything and won't help your playing one bit. If you really want to learn scales then Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section are a great place to start.

If you just want a few patterns to use as picking exercises that's fine as long as you're aware of the limitations- it's purely of technical benefit and practicing scale patterns is no more beneficial than practicing anything else. In my opinion it's of less use...if you want to get good at a particular song then practice the song, if you want to become a better all-round player then practice licks and exercises that you can actually use in your playing. Straight scale runs are hardly ever used in actual playing, because they're boring, so why practice them?

So you think it's not realiable to study the scale patterns in the first place? I mean, won't they help you if you're improvising?
No, not without the underlying theory knowledge and also some understanding of the notes, intervals and sound of the scale itself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by angelicatele
is theroy important? or not

If you plan to create your own things, yes.

If you just want to play other people's songs and imitate, no.
thanks for all the help
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^