Page 1 of 3
im an aboveaverage tuba player for like 6 years now. i wanted to b in football for awhile but i was l8 on enterin in 7th grade so the coach wouldnt let me join.
im 5'9 strong for my age, fast and built so i sure they wont deny me on the team now but should i drop band for it?
typo i 5'11. 15 years old srry
Originally Posted by bchoun
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
Last edited by FileDeleted at Aug 24, 2008,
6'9"? Holy ****. But no, football sucks. I assume we're talking American here.
Creator of the Llamastack

any possible way to do both?
also, how old are you?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
seriously? band is going to be living hell for the rest of high school
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I'd say band, because I was in the band, so I think you should go band.

Edit: ^^Popularity in HS is quick and fleeting, upon graduation will be a nice refreshing dose of "wtf was I thinking". So, do what makes you happy.
I'd say football, Canadian/american football to make sure were clear

But it depends what you have more fun doing

Being 6'9 would really help with tackleing and stuff

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Poll?

FOOTBALL, FTW!!!

I was in football and i'm like 5'6....
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
why are you asking the pit to make that decision for you? it depends what you like and what you want to do.
Do band so you don't tear up your knees, I swear to God everyone I knew who played football wore a knee brace at some point because they tore a ligament. Probably just had a bad injury streak but I wouldn't risk it.
whoops typo. 5'11. american highschool football. everyone has wanted me to join for awhile now but i never talked to anyone. school starts soon and i got a friend askin the coach if its too l8.
Whenever I went to take a dump, I would sit on the toilet facing the tank. I always thought the tank was an arm rest so I would rest my arms on it.
uhh... definitely football. Thats what you'll regret not doing more in a few years.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Go for whichever will make you happier, plain and simple.

And if you hurt yourself in football, see if you can play pep tunes with the band! (it's more fun than you'd think). Lord knows this world needs more above-average tuba players.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Wait, you're born in '93 and you're 6'9? HOLY ****! That's huge ._.

Anyways, just do what you have more fun doing.
Quote by slidething31
uhh... definitely football. Thats what you'll regret not doing more in a few years.

thats wut my dad said. yeah i gnna try to do both but i will drop band if i cant.
I like band. So I would choose band.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i'd honestly continue with band. you're going to be learning more about the instrument and have the ability to carry on a talent throughout your life, and it will better help you with various aspects of music. football is just for athletically competing, which is fun and all, but doesn't necessarily give you skills intellectually for the future
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by The Leader
I'd say band, because I was in the band, so I think you should go band.

Edit: ^^Popularity in HS is quick and fleeting, upon graduation will be a nice refreshing dose of "wtf was I thinking". So, do what makes you happy.

you only live once...
and you dont want to spend that life regretting
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Blackholesun00
Do football, tuba is ghey.

Did someone shit in your tuba?
band
music is much more rewarding and (well at least at my school) all the jocks are a bunch of drunk retarded ****ups that should be sterilized.
Band FTW!!!
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Are you smart? Cause a lot of football players get into the mindset that that's all that matters. Then they go to a DIII college, play football, and act like they're big **** there cause they can play on a DIII team. I'd say football, but don't be a dumbass.
Quote by The Leader
Did someone shit in your tuba?

No. I play bass in my school band, and our tuba player is ****in' ****. Puffing cheeks and making fart noises(instead of musical notes) and whatnot.
I did both as a freshman and liked football way better but really it was just to find something to do till baseball season came around
BromptonCocktail of the A7X Army PM Copius
Football will probably get you more play with teh wimmenz. But I wouldn't give up the tuba if I were you.
do band man, tuba is badass as hell! and footballs gay, im 6 foot 4 and i choose band over football, im sure you can do it too.

now hockey, on the other hand...
Quote by !!Dope Man!!
Are you smart? Cause a lot of football players get into the mindset that that's all that matters. Then they go to a DIII college, play football, and act like they're big **** there cause they can play on a DIII team. I'd say football, but don't be a dumbass.

yeah the problem is i in all advance classes plus top band and i poor so i need as much scholarship as possible. im hoppin i can do both
Quote by Frosty Mojo
Do band so you don't tear up your knees, I swear to God everyone I knew who played football wore a knee brace at some point because they tore a ligament. Probably just had a bad injury streak but I wouldn't risk it.

Some guy in my section strained or tore a ligament in his knee. He's a beast though, and he toughs it out. There has actually been quiet a few marching related injuries in my band this year.

I would say band, but I'm extremely biased.
i know a guy who did both, you see it from time to time. you might feel like a tool the first time you to the halftime performance while wearing your football uniform, but nobody else will care. if you like both, go ahead and do both.
BAND.

BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND BAND.

BAND.

If you are at all interested/serious about music, the extra years of band will help you MAJORLY. Besides, what's football going to provide you? Hit a gym, skip football, play for the pep band.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
Do band.
If your an above average tuba player, that would make your band above average.
The other players in the band listen to the lowest instrument for tuning, which is you.
You'll find it more rewarding I think.
But if you can do both, do both.
Quote by Snuffles
I'd say football, Canadian/american football to make sure were clear

But it depends what you have more fun doing

Being 6'9 would really help with tackleing and stuff

Um actually, the taller you are, the harder it is really if you're trying to hit somebody low/the easier it is for people to hit you at your knees, sending you falling forward.

But go for football, the games make for a great adrenaline rush
YEAH
Quote by Don't Read This
marching band high school band is way more intense than middle school and youll learn a lot

i aint in middle school =/
im hoppin that i can do both. if not, ill trey to get in football, then if not that, im stayin in band.
Quote by FileDeleted
i aint in middle school =/
im hoppin that i can do both. if not, ill trey to get in football, then if not that, im stayin in band.

what grade are you in?
personally, i think high school football is a waste of your time. but of course, asking the pit, you are only going to get opinions. the only opinion that should matter is your own. i was in band for 2 years, i thought i despised every minute i had to spend in it, until i got out. then it was different. you make a TON of new friends (yes, most of them are ridiculous band nerds, great entertainment) and have a lot of good times, even though it seems like such a drag.

Quote by GibsonGuru311
play a real sport! and play rugby or play the football were you actually use your feet. or not. me id actally play american footbal even though i have no idea what its about.
you have no idea what it's about yet you say it isn't a real sport? you are a walking definition of a tool.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Aug 24, 2008,
Page 1 of 3