Away little one; leave this place at once.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Kinda both but i wanna hear for my self that Metallica's new album isnt rubbish.(St.Anger wasnt that bad, was it?)
It seems to me like Metallica's album is WAY more anticipated by the public
I personally rather hear Slipknot's album
But that's 'cos I hate Metallica (Readys flame shield)
But I don't listen to Slipknot too much.
metallica's, that is, unless you've already heard The Day That Never Comes.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by Showtime1990
Kinda both but i wanna hear for my self that Metallica's new album isnt rubbish.(St.Anger wasnt that bad, was it?)

It kicks ass compared to modern metal, it's just not the Metallica we're used to.
Quote by Teeth2483
CYNIC'S

oh wait....

Definitely mate.

Seriously though, what the f-uck?!?! Why do all of you neophytes decide to come out when a thread like this is made, I don' understand it. It's like you can smell it.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Jammin'

i actually loved that single, it was pretty amazing, although it did seem like they were trying to get away with putting a bit of 'one' in there
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
yeah imma have to say neither. slipknot went to absolute crapness when vol III was released, new masks is just a stunt to get more publicity on a ****ty album. metallica on the other hand...bah, same hand. new song isnt very impressing at all, sounds like a B-Side of of Load/Reload, most people are saying its good, but i grew up listening to puppets/justice, so this is not the appealing side of the band i would like to listen to.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by identityxcrysis
It seems to me like Metallica's album is WAY more anticipated by the public
I personally rather hear Slipknot's album
But that's 'cos I hate Metallica (Readys flame shield)
But I don't listen to Slipknot too much.

same here
Concerts
All Points West - August 1st
Krockathon 14 - August 8th
Wintersun's
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Both will suck balls. Slipknot also isn't allowed in the metal forum.

Quote by Teeth2483
CYNIC'S

oh wait....

Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Cynic is still making music? I never got in to them, but I've always heard good things. With whom should I start: cynic or athiest?
I'd say cynic. Atheist is awesome, but they sound a bit more messy and over the place, while cynic sounds like one driving force (they're still very abstract, though). I dunno, atheist is more metal, but imo, cynic is just fantastic, soundscape-y music. Textures has got to be one of the most amazing songs ever.
More like new Cynic or Atheist( supposedlly gonna release a new album next year)
New Gojira New Mastodon New Necrophagist New Down EP New Suffocation New lots of stuff.
new Cynic, New Atheist (2009), new Necrophagist, new Psycroptic, new Suffocation, new Gojira...

...why? why would you name Slipknot and Metallica when we have all of these way more interesting releases? WHY?

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by RedDeath9
THREAD DERAIL.

Cynic just reunited in 2007. I can't wait for the new album. And Atheist reunited a few months ago or something too. Epic.

Well Atheist is re-reuniting. Theyplayed their last show in 2007, but apparently they've decided to try again. Aslo new Nevermore, Morbid Angel, Necrophagist Cannibal Corpse and Megadeth next year
Why are there so many sliknot fans in the metal thread. Please GTFO

No-one here is anticipating Slipknots new album, and theres only a few anticipating Metallicas, since everyones already made up their mind about it from the single.
Quote by Jammin'

I love that song. I just end it after the "I swear" part, the end is messy as ****. But the first 5 minutes more than make up for it IMO. And I'm not even much of a Metallica fan.

It's Cyanide that deserves all the bashing it gets though. What a ****fest of a song.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I couldn't be less excited about the new Metallica or the new Slipknot.

I'm looking forward to the new Mastodon though.
Has anyone heard Jeff Loomis' solo album?
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
New Down EP? SICKLY!!!! Also I'd heard about a new Cynic album which is awesome, but new atheist too? I honeslty prefer Atheist. I need to change underwear!
I'm anticipating TS's intestines spread over a blood-covered floor.

More than those two albums anyway

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM