okay so i know theres a lot of posts about floyd rose tremolos...but i seem to have a problem with mine that i havent found a post how to help me lol..i have a cheeper jackson floyd rose..so its not a original floyd(wish it was lol)..but whats happening to my guitar is that when the the nut isnt locked, whenever i use the whammy bar it just doesnt stay in tune for crap..and well i kinda expect that lol..and even the strings then dont seem to stay in tune well..even when i dont use the whammy bar. ..so im wondering if i just have bad tuners(or if that could be another problem)..then when i lock the nut, it still doesnt seem to stay in tune!...the worst string has to be the low e string..but they all seem to change tune...especially when i use the tremolo..but it doesnt go far off tune..just a little..sometimes it will go flat..sometimes it will go sharp =\....i dont know how much this guitar has been played because i bought it used...but...if anyone has any ideas what i could do that would be awesome..i know the strings are stretched out..strings arent the problem...i really think its the floyd..but idk...any help would be awesome

thanks
Your bridge is probably out of balance. Is the floating part parallel to the body of the guitar, or is it dipper into it/raised out? If either of these apply, you need to go in the back where the strings are and re-adjust them. Look up videos on youtube, tons of help.
Tempus Edux Rerum Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

Check out my band, Prosper! Prog/Metal/Core from Columbus, Ohio.
Quote by Fatal Instinct
Your bridge is probably out of balance. Is the floating part parallel to the body of the guitar, or is it dipper into it/raised out? If either of these apply, you need to go in the back where the strings are and re-adjust them. Look up videos on youtube, tons of help.

yeah ive looked on youtube and things...but no the bridge is in line with the body..the guitar is pretty new(to me) and i got it set up then..so its been set up
Last edited by guitarfreak5342 at Aug 24, 2008,