it seems when i try to learn a song, the song is like in 3 notes. I mean their are straight 4 notes but most go 3 notes and a chord and then 3 notes. why is it that? easier?
LOL
The song only uses three notes and a chord? Maybe you just listen to lazy musicians?

Edit: I'm not trying to diss your favorite musicians or anything, it's that your description isn't very easy to understand.
Last edited by GeekInThePink at Aug 24, 2008,
not sure i understand wat u mean but if u mean they play a chord then play 3 notes then...alot of rock songs r in 4/4 and 1 chord + 3 notes = 4....assuming all of them r played as quater-notes...but i never noticed that if thats wat u mean
nope. i usually get 3 3 2 3 3 2 3 3 2 3 3 2. never 3 1 3 1. that's wierd unless the time signatures are not 4/4. or 2 2 2 2. get that a lot too.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
well lets just use notes, you learn a song. I'm learning Blood red skies by Judas Priest. the notes for the high E are 20-19-17 in 3's and then 19-17-15. I noticed this with a lot of bands. They seem to use three fingers and the notes end being in 3's but really fast so it seems like its together.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
well lets just use notes, you learn a song. I'm learning Blood red skies by Judas Priest. the notes for the high E are 20-19-17 in 3's and then 19-17-15. I noticed this with a lot of bands. They seem to use three fingers and the notes end being in 3's but really fast so it seems like its together.

yeha it's all threes but it sounds like 2's
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Triplets you mean. a 4/4 signature would go like this.
ex:
E- 19P-17P-15
B- ---------------17
Quote by SiKh22
It's all about positioning and moving your hand.

It's easier to play the first three notes, then move your hand and play the next three notes.

If you played them as 3 groups of 2 notes, then you would have to change position 3 times. If you played the first 4 notes in one position, you would have to stretch your hand in an awkward way.

Playing three notes, and then moving your hand to play another three notes just makes it simpler and it fells more even if you know what I mean.