I know this isnt the right forum but more people read the pit so....

I used to have a 15watt marshall and last week i bought a 150watt stack. the 15watt had a booklet with it and it had some preset for the EQ(bass, contour, treble).
I've lost the booklet and i bought the stack second hand so it didnt come with one. im having real trouble setting the EQ to a decent standard.

Has any one got any tips?

Thanks pit monkeys
If you're playing metal turn the gain treble and bass to 10; scoop the mids. [/generalization
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by HighPotency
If it's an MG, go return it, buy a decent amp combo. Even a 50w tube combo is better than a 150w MG.

The head is a ATV 500h and the cab is a jcm900. its a valve amp. sorry i dont know too much about amps have i just bought a rubish amp?
Uuuum, if you're using an MG, I'd say somewhat low treble, high bass, normal- high mids. For your distortion, try normal bass, low mids, and normal-high treble.

Something like that.
Quote by convictionless
Do Not Scoop Mids

If you like UG, mids will not go below 4.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by BKGMorley
I know this isnt the right forum but more people read the pit so....

I used to have a 15watt marshall and last week i bought a 150watt stack. the 15watt had a booklet with it and it had some preset for the EQ(bass, contour, treble).
I've lost the booklet and i bought the stack second hand so it didnt come with one. im having real trouble setting the EQ to a decent standard.

Has any one got any tips?

Thanks pit monkeys

And what makes you so sure people read the Pit instead of The pit reading them???

Ditch the MG and get something better
Quote by Yakmonster
And what makes you so sure people read the Pit instead of The pit reading them???

Ditch the MG and get something better

He does not have an MG.
Please read
Quote by ajmasterjaydude
Listen To Your ****ing Amp You Dumb **** And Turn The ****ing Knobs Until It Sounds Decent

As badly as he put it, +1.

Play around with it till you find something you like.
rawr