I played one and thought it was pretty cool, so I don't hate them.

/off topic reply.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
BECAUSE THEY'RE

they're

I honestly have no clue
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
It's the really low end ones that are just mini amps with "MARSHALL TONE" slapped on them

Marshall tone really comes from tubes...

Although my friend could get his 100 watt MG to sound really good on certain settings with his Explorer.
I don't even shred
I have a 30 watt MG and I don't see why people hate them, they sound pretty good
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
i tried them twice at a music shop, i don't mind the metal tone. but that's about it..
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
In reality Marshalls aren't that great.

They all have a really generic tone. (This doesn't include the handwired point-to-point 60's reissues.)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Marshall MG's suck because they like all solid state amps sound like **** when they're cranked up with distortion, most people don't realize solid state amps for the most part are made to sound better at lower volume levels, as where tube amps are meant to sound better at high volume levers
Because you're paying alot for a mediocre amp and the marshall name.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by Nebjy
It's the really low end ones that are just mini amps with "MARSHALL TONE" slapped on them

Marshall tone really comes from tubes...

Although my friend could get his 100 watt MG to sound really good on certain settings with his Explorer.

0.o
i have a friend (also my drummer) who has the MG 100 watt and an explorer
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
The are an OK amp by themselves.

But they suck given the vast range of other amps you could buy for the same price, because Marshall use their logo to sell.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
They're not too bad, but not a patch on other Marshalls. Not too bad, but not great. They're bearable. The reason they've got such a bad name is because it's become "cool" to MG bash.
This is supposed to be in GGA not the Pit.

And people don't like MGs because they get sick of their sound after playing with them for a while, they're overpriced and people think they're amazing just because it has Marshall on the front.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I have an MG30...

...and I like it.
I read somewhere that 77% of the mentally ill live in poverty. I'm more interested in the 23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.
ive tried over 100 amps in 15 year it is the worst regardless of price. sounds like the speakers are blown
Now c'mon, they're not that bad.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
they sound horrible for a solidstate.. i wish i would've saved my money.. i had no clue about amps
Quote by kirkisking
Were you like, physically abused as a child or something?

Squier HSS
Jackson Ke2
Marshall MG100HDFX
Boss METALZONE
Quote by chea_man
why dont chicks have tits on their back for slow dancing?
because sometimes, my friend, there can be too much of a good thing
I have an MG30, and I like it. I only use it to practice with in private wearing headphones, and it does what I expect it to do.
I rented one at our rehearsal room before I got my Flextone, and I think they're ok. They do however have that specific Marshall sound and nothing else. At least they sound better than a Roland Cube.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe
Im not saying EVERYONE is like this, but I think some people automaticly (wf sp?) hate the mg series just because 95% of UG does, and if they do like it, they'll be labeled as the "stupid mg liker." Its utter bull****, I think the tone is O.K, sure theres better amps, but by far its better than how people treat it on this forum.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

They're overpriced, re-badged, and have bad quality control. That's why I hate them.

/thread.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
They're overpriced, re-badged, and have bad quality control. That's why I hate them.

/thread.
+
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by Moe.

/thread.

Sums it all up. I made the mistake of buying an MG30 a year ago, I loved it at first, then it broke. My second one they replaced sucked ass, and broke. So I swapped it for a Vox AD15VT. Best choice I ever made, guitar related.

Also, the other week at a rehearsal place with a new band I'm in, the only amp there I could use was a MG100DFX. It sucked balls. The distortion was sterile, and the FDD switch only made a subtle difference. The cleans weren't particularly too bad though.
I have played them multiple times and I hate them. They have sterile tone, lacks dynamics, has close to 0 clraity with distortion ad a very nasal sound. Really they suck balls!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by fretsonfire74
They're not too bad, but not a patch on other Marshalls. Not too bad, but not great. They're bearable. The reason they've got such a bad name is because it's become "cool" to MG bash.

This guy is obviously trying to gain intelligence points by appearing to be an independent thinker who doesn't jump on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, sometimes the bandwagon is right, and by simply doing the opposite of the bandwagon to stay off the bandwagon, he is both every bit as bad as bandwagon-ers and also completely wrong.

Sure, some people may consider the MG to be "bearable" (although after developing virtually ANY ear for tone, this notion quickly goes away), but this alone cannot justify it being a good or even decent amp. The MG is so hated on this forum--and rightfully so--because (and this boils the hate down to its most basic level) it is an OVERPRICED practice amp that attracts inexperienced buyers (often kids or beginners) with the Marshall badge.

For an amp of its price, you deserve much much more than what you're getting, and for this reason, people should ALWAYS be warned not to purchase them. Additionally, people hate the fact that Marshall is able to achieve such wild success with such an overpriced product simply because it has their name on it---and every individual who is educated on the truth of the Marshall MG is one step in the right direction for commercial integrity and a better Marshall company in general.

EDIT: Typo.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
overpriced, oversized practice amps.

however, kids continue to buy the half-stack version thinking it's a "proper marshall", when in reality they could get a far better amp which would bring them closer to the sound they're looking for, for the same money.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Because you should.... do a search!
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure