Hey pit. Got a bit of a dilemma.

My music assessment is on Friday, and I have nothing to play. Now I've been playing about three years, so I think I'm fairly confident on the guitar. But yeah...I need about 12 minutes worth of music to play (about 4 or 5 songs). Anyone have any suggestions? It needs to be fairly easy to learn, sound good, have a few techniques, and preferably be on an acoustic, though its not essential. I played Classical Gas last year, if that helps gauge my skills (lol).

Cheers guys.
fade to black by metallica the intro section, its soft and has a nice semi sweep that works well on acoustic
hollow by pantera is a good one too as well as cemetary gates intro
the acoustic section of to live is to die and the interlude soft solo in in the middle of the song
hotel california if you have a capo
nutshell (unplugged) by Alice in chains
some stuff by jimi hendrix experiance can be played on acoustic youll jut have to listen and gauge which ones would sound good acoustically
look for some fingerstyle arragnements of tv show themes and video games they always sound good
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
you could play a simplified version of 'the general' by dispatch, the intro is really friggen awesome, and the rest could get worked down to a pretty simple chord progression
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

Wish You Were Here
Goodbye Blue Sky
Going To California
and the ever famous I Cum Blood

play those you'll get an A for sure
You know you're loved when someone breaks a guitar over your leg and everyone's more concerned about the guitar than you.

Quote by Fiire
^total philosopher
Quote by johnmalkin
I played Classical Gas last year, if that helps gauge my skills (lol).

RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
I dare you to play Smells like Teen Spirit solo.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by BrokenBricks

Oh **** lol I didn't mean it like that. Was more trying to show where abouts I am in terms of guitar.
Quote by johnmalkin
Oh **** lol I didn't mean it like that. Was more trying to show where abouts I am in terms of guitar.

Ohh, sorry then buddy. It's hard to understand the tone of what someone is trying to say when you're on the internet.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by BrokenBricks
Ohh, sorry then buddy. It's hard to understand the tone of what someone is trying to say when you're on the internet.

Haha all good bro. I did sound a bit cocky.
I had to learn MoP solo, and the latter half of One, in a week.
That shiz was hard yo.

Acoustically, I would go with "Layla", though not that hard. Eric Clapton is the man.

One contribution.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.