So I love to play me some ping-pong when the opportunity arises, but I am currently watching it on the Olympics.

Does this bar game HONESTLY deserve to be an Olympic event? What's next? Olympic Chess or Darts?

Discuss.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Yes

I've played some competitive ping pong with folks, it's actually gets pretty grueling after 5 games.

Although I think it's absurd that they're kicking softball and baseball, those are just as much sports as ping pong.
Last edited by IzRG350 at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by Spartan070sarge
So I love to play me some ping-pong when the opportunity arises, but I am currently watching it on the Olympics.

Never play ping pong again and leave it to the people who take it for what it is: serious business. I honestly don't understand all the ping pong hate, or why it is unanimously thought of as a joke in America. When I ask for valid reasons people laugh and act as thought I am making a funny. People like you are the scum/downfall of the ping pong universe!
i am just surprised that ping pong made it before skateboarding..
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
this is unreal guy they're amazing, it's not the worst in the olympics. Take a look at speedwalking
Quote by Jayok
this is unreal guy they're amazing, it's not the worst in the olympics. Take a look at speedwalking

+1, that walking stuff is awful. And what merit do you get from being the fastest walker in the world. You get owned by runners anyway.

And table tennis is cool, leave it alone. I just don't like team sports in the olympics.
Quote by Jayok

Haha, yeah racewalking is discusting. AND they spray mist to cool them off! It's a sissy sport! But I have to admit that watching ping pong is a guilty pleasure, so I hope it stays on. And how did Judo get on the Olympics before Karate? Judo is basically a rip-off of Karate.
i think that the majority of the "sports" in the olympics shouldn't be there. ping pong, the bmx stuff and baseball just to name a few.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by Jammin'
i am just surprised that ping pong made it before skateboarding..

Please, no. The last thing I wanna see is people in spacesuits getting prissy about their 360 flips, and some random organization defining tricks.
what's wrong with Table Tennis? It is much a sport as Soccer or Baseball.
+1 to take away RaceWalking. I can walk fast, give me a medal

I dare you to diss Table Tennis in front of any chinese person. You'd better hope your eggrolls are still there after they're done
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
Quote by IzRG350

Although I think it's absurd that they're kicking softball and baseball, those are just as much sports as ping pong.

It's because they're not well participated in internationally. Very few European or African countries have baseball teams. Whereas table tennis is big everywhere.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Table tennis is pretty difficult and intense most of the time.
Sure as hell better than curling.
You can't just ban table tennis because China wins medals in it and the US doesn't. Oh, and since when has table tennis been a bar game?

Quote by IzRG350

Baseball is hardly international, softball is only barely better.
Last edited by Kiwi Ace at Aug 24, 2008,
Quote by IzRG350
Yes

I've played some competitive ping pong with folks, it's actually gets pretty grueling after 5 games.

..they're taking out baseball and softball? WHY!?!? and yeah, i was watching it too. those players really get into the game...

i might get flamed for this, but they should add cheerleading
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Their taking baseball out for 2012 but it might return for 2016, Something about MLB players being allowed to participate in the Olympics or something. Also, Cheerleading is an awful idea.
Ping-pong is fun but i dont consider it much of a sport i mean cmon if there gettin rid of baseball and they're keeping ping-pong in thats just stupid.
Sure table tennis can be leisurely. Same goes to basketball for example. But if you ever play competitively you will see how far table tennis can test patience, accuracy, precision, and reaction as much as basketball. The agony of waiting for a move, prediction, it's really a shame many people treat it as a joke. Why? Because it looks kiddy and not worth of serious attention due to the fact the table, the paddle and net is minisized. Expand it and you'll have tennis which everyone takes seriously.
HI GUYS!
Olympic thread?

Also, I don't really care about this. As far as racewalking, walk yourself a 5min mile, and then come talk. They get DQ'd if they don't have one foot on the ground at all times.

Also, I want to see more Boxing. They showed more Beach Volleyball than boxing. That is fail.

IMO, Table Tennis is more legit than beach volleyball.
I'd like to see darts in the olympics. It's a really entertaining sport. Yeah I said it...SPORT!
Cycling is boring. I love watching Judo, some of the people are so insane... Table Tennis is good too.
ping pong is so badass

im captain of the ping pong team at my school...yes i started the club that turned into a team...
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
I would actually watch Chess as an Olympic sport. Although I am a sad bastard, so that's probably just me.
Quote by Novacane...
I would actually watch Chess as an Olympic sport. Although I am a sad bastard, so that's probably just me.

lol its interesting.......
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
We need Ultimate Frisbee as an event too...

and my thoughts on Ping Pong... maybe it seems enough to test reflexes
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
ping pong is a grueling sport..it takes endurance stamina hand eye and reflexes

basically you need to be a jedi
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast