i guess this is the right thread.... ok, so i got an offer on some danelectro pedals.... wierd names like pastrami, pepperoni, corned beef... stuf like that, its basically overdrive, reverd, chorus, and phaser.... so im gettin each used 30$... is this a good deal?
Quote by emery01

So now there's seven guys writhing around on the floor, moaning and holding their 'nads.

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
yeah right ur on. i challenge you to a beard off.
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
Ah.... no. not really.

I take it you're talking about the mini dano's?

Well... I actually kind of like the milkshake chorus, I used one for a while, I thought it was a pretty decent unit, and imo better than the Boss chorus which was later given to me by a friend. Oh, and only cost me $15 too. They're good for the price. At least the modulation effects, their OD's don't sound so hot though.

However, you should be able to buy these things NEW for about $30 each.
Last edited by al112987 at Aug 24, 2008,
i had one, cant really remember its name but it was crap. I got it new and free from something so it wasn't a loss to me at all.

if they're $30 for all then i would try 'em out. but $30 each is crazy imo...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
yea, i mean the mini danos, i was lookin at the website, and they were sellin abt 50$ ea, so i figured 30$ used, y not? does the overdrive atleast have a crunch to it, cuz right now im working with abt a 10watt amp, (kustom dart series) and the overdrive is really fuzzy

(yea, i kno, my amp sux)
Quote by emery01

So now there's seven guys writhing around on the floor, moaning and holding their 'nads.

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
A corned beef pastrami pepperoni milkshake?
Man, ever since the peanut butter cup, there really hasn't been very good food fusion ideas going on.

Anyways, they're alright for starting out on. Don't expect anything too high of quality.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
k, thx 4 the feedback ppl, ima try to talk the price down, and get em
Quote by emery01

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
Quote by darkarbiter7
A corned beef pastrami pepperoni milkshake?
Man, ever since the peanut butter cup, there really hasn't been very good food fusion ideas going on.

Change corned beef to roast beef and put the Milkshake on the side, and that's a winning combo *om nom nom*

Also, the Fish and Chips is pretty good.
you can buy the corned beef reverb and pepperoni phaserfor $30 brand new at MF. the pastrami overdrive goes for $20 brand new at MF. the milkshake chorus, you can get them brand new for $30 at zzounds and $25 at DC music.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
you can buy the corned beef reverb and pepperoni phaserfor $30 brand new at MF. the pastrami overdrive goes for $20 brand new at MF. the milkshake chorus, you can get them brand new for $30 at zzounds and $25 at DC music.
Yeah, some of those literally are $30 new.

Maybe haggle down to 20 each? 15?
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by creaturefeature
yea, i mean the mini danos, i was lookin at the website, and they were sellin abt 50$ ea, so i figured 30$ used, y not? does the overdrive atleast have a crunch to it, cuz right now im working with abt a 10watt amp, (kustom dart series) and the overdrive is really fuzzy

(yea, i kno, my amp sux)

the web site always posts higher than he actual retail price. the price ont the MXR website for the stereo chorus is somehwere the the 300$ mark, where the actual rpice you can te it for is about 150$.

i got one of those mini effects for 8$. 30$ each is a joke. maybe 30$ all together for three or four, but not each.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I would buy them. The tone out of Danelectro pedals is pretty good, and I'm sure there is tutorials for rehousing them in other cases.
i haggled him down to 10 ea, by showin him how cheap they were, so im gettin all 4 for 40$
Quote by emery01

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
Quote by creaturefeature
i haggled him down to 10 ea, by showin him how cheap they were, so im gettin all 4 for 40$

That sounds a bit better. I haven't used the other three but the Pastrami OD is absolutely terrible. A friend of mine gave me theirs a few years back and I have never been able to find an amp that it sounds decent with.