i am looking for a hi gain head and i need some help finding what will suit me better. first off i live in an area where the closest place to buy amps is guitar center and they dont carry alot of amps so i will have to end up ordering one. any ways i need one thats between 100 and 120 watts that has great hi gain distortion. i am looking for a tone that is similar to testaments down for life, but still can get a mid gain and thrash tone. so here are some of the amps i am looking at peavey 6505+, krank rev+, randall ninja, engl powerball, rivera kr7. will any of these get the tone i am looking for? please suggest some diffrent amps if not. also i have heard some people comparing the bugera 6262 to the 6505+. is this true. i have no price limit because i got a second job and dont care how much i spend. just as long as i find the tone i am looking for.
The Bugera 6262 is pretty much a 6505 clone, but supposedly with better cleans... I've heard good things about ENGL Powerballs, too.

If you really have no budget you might want to save up for a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier or an EVH 5150III (vastly superior to the Peavey 6505+, with Fender cleans)
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
evh5150111 is very high gain very clear any how you set it it is great and its > fender so its got great cleans and variety not just fenders standar clean tone
i have tried the mesa boogie dual and triple rectifiers and i was very disapointed. but will the 5150III and krank get me the tone i want.
The Powerball is easily the best amp there, it's fantastic.

It's also the highest priced one, though.
i stand by peavey jsx. best amp ever below 2 grand. Extremely versatile; excellent cleans and excellent hi gain.
Unearth's Ken Susi used a VHT Pitbull while recording their latest album.
Quote by slayne827
anyone play VHTs. are they a good company

Good company.

Also, if you don't care about having a 2 channel amp, get a Soldano Avenger.

Look into Splawn as well. Quickrod FTW.
bogner uberschall
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by ikeyedyourcar8
i stand by peavey jsx. best amp ever below 2 grand. Extremely versatile; excellent cleans and excellent hi gain.

I totally agree. I've owned the jsx and 6505. The jsx blows it away and the gain is so tight. Even the bugera jsx clone sounds better than all the other bugeras (333xl) If more people actually played the jsx I think you'd see a lot more metal bands and high gainers with them than 6505's. Of course its opinion but I think a lot of people would prefer the jsx but the 6505 is kinda known as the go to amp for metal and a lot of famous bands endorse them. But a lot of times you think your favorite band is using a 6505 and really they just used it on one of their solos on their cd and end up on peaveys website. I've noticed a lot of bands who were exclusive to the 6505 and 5150 are straying away from it these days. I know I did. Once I heard the jsx I had to have one.
the Kranks are freaking AWSOME man!
thats the next amp im gonna pick up, prob within the year.

i already have a 5150 II half stack, a bugera 6262-212 , a 1992 Mesa Dual Rect(the older 2 channel version), and a Laney GH100L( that i have been loneing to a friend of mine for a while) i love them all. all have killer gain and shred.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by imgooley
Good company.

Also, if you don't care about having a 2 channel amp, get a Soldano Avenger.

Look into Splawn as well. Quickrod FTW.

The Avenger is 1 channel.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
The Avenger is 1 channel.

isnt that what he said.

didn't know if you were correcting him or just agreeing with him
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model