Page 1 of 2
Out of the whole interwebz do you think UG contains the most talented musicians?
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
well im not including any of the professional musicians (such as the ones that are signed and have no time to use the computer) just the ones that actually use forums and such
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Well, if you think about it, 90% of the world's best guitarists probably got their tabs off UG.
So would that make them UGers? If not, a large portion of them might still have registered.
I believe that UG is a community of guitarists young and old, beginning and experienced, who gather to share information and their love of guitar to everyone. Of course, there's the Pit, which is a huge exception to all of this.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by wolfy808
I believe that UG is a community of guitarists young and old, beginning and experienced, who gather to share information and their love of guitar to everyone. Of course, there's the Pit, which is a huge exception to all of this.

This man puts my thoughts into properly formed sentences.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Well, if you think about it, 90% of the world's best guitarists probably got their tabs off UG.
So would that make them UGers? If not, a large portion of them might still have registered.

not really, most of the best guitarists learned to play guitar a long time ago. I doubt BB King, Angus Young or Jimmy Page have ever used tabs off UG. But as far as non-professional guitarists and such, yes it is the most popular. So it would attract alot of really good guitarists as well as alot of average and crappy guitarists. It evens out, there are alot of good guitarists and alot of bad ones, there is no minimum skill level to join UG, alot of people who troll UG have probably never touched a guitar in their life.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by ShaunDiel
OFFTOPIC: Why don't you like primus?

Dude it's their slogan! I love Primus. Without them, I'd play bass nothing like I play it now. Les Claypool basically saved me from being a piece of shit bassist.
the thing is most youtube guitarists use UG and some even post on here too... so technically they are part of us too
edit: LOL YOU STARTED THIS! interwebz i shoulda guessed
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Quote by fretsonfire74
Hell no. Most guitarist on UG are average at best. YouTube beats UG in this respect any day.

Wait, what?

There are way more ****ty guitarists on YouTube than the good ones.

Just go search for a new pop song with guitar, go to the lowest rated videos and watch them all.

You'll either laugh your ass off at their failure or your ears will bleed.
Quote by lotsofvolume

que?
UG isn't that old so i would bet that the world's best were starting out long before UG came around. and also, if they were really the world's best, they probably wouldn't need the tabs anyway.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MODESTme
the thing is most youtube guitarists use UG and some even post on here too... so technically they are part of us too
edit: LOL YOU STARTED THIS! interwebz i shoulda guessed

duh thats how we get views
Lol true, keep it up
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6
Quote by lotsofvolume

Most of the best guitarists I've met don't really need tabs to learn a song.
Quote by LittleKnowItAll
Most of the best guitarists I've met don't really need tabs to learn a song.

most of the best guitarists/bassists i've met use metronomes (your timekeeping is very poor)
Quote by XianXiuHong
Wait, what?

Just go search for a new pop song with guitar, go to the lowest rated videos and watch them all.

True, but the calibre of the good guitarists on YouTube in comparison to those on UG is much higher. And I don't mean the professional guitarists, I'm talking about the people that just play for fun and not money.
Quote by KittehShred
most of the best guitarists/bassists i've met use metronomes (your timekeeping is very poor)

Well thankyou very much. Is that taken from the videos off my profile? Because in all fairness mate I'm leaning on the side of my sofa trying to make something to put on here whilst my baby has a brief brake from crying If I had had the time to set up a backing track to it or prepare or anything it would have been a little different.
But thankyou, That was nice of you...
Quote by fretsonfire74
True, but the calibre of the good guitarists on YouTube in comparison to those on UG is much higher. And I don't mean the professional guitarists, I'm talking about the people that just play for fun and not money.

but you dont know everyone is here because they dont have to sign in, and they dont always have pics. Before youtube and UG no one knew there would be so many wanky guitarists out there.
Quote by LittleKnowItAll
Well thankyou very much. Is that taken from the videos off my profile? Because in all fairness mate I'm leaning on the side of my sofa trying to make something to put on here whilst my baby has a brief brake from crying If I had had the time to set up a backing track to it or prepare or anything it would have been a little different.
But thankyou, That was nice of you...

K fair dinkum
Quote by brandon369852
If you venture outside of the pit, maybe.

This
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
Death Erection would make a great Old School Death Metal or Thrash band name.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'd take on Courtney Love, punch her right in the penis.

I single handedly bring UG's average up to Godlike status.

If so many of you didn't suck, we could be Wicked Sick
MXtabs have more talented musicians per person, but because they are so small, I'd say we have the most talented musicians, just not because we have a high standard, but because there are so many of us there are obviously gonna be more good musicians here.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I want to say harmony central....but then when I think about its probably the same, they just have more money to spend on gear
Quote by seljer
I want to say harmony central....but then when I think about its probably the same, they just have more money to spend on gear

Ha.

Ha ha.

From my time there, they are all just old ****s who like collecting expensive gear. They don't have the same passion for music UG does, although there are a fair few people there who know their stuff.
UG takes a lot of flac from other sites about this.

But then 90% of UG visiters can't make it past the pit for some reason, even members.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Wait, what?

tryed this, you just made my day

Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Vermintide
I single handedly bring UG's average up to Godlike status.

If so many of you didn't suck, we could be Wicked Sick

It's true, 'Metal House' destroys the unworthy.
Guitar Master Class or something like that might have alot more dedicated guiarists than we do. Alot of people on Jemsite seem pretty skilled too.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 2