Hey people, i swaped my bc rich kerry king signature special model + SD dimebucker pickup on neck position and Vox pathfinder 10 (15W amp) for 1994 Fender Stratocaster Mexico.

When i got strat, the knobs were black colours and i don't like the colour black. I was chaning the knob and i accidentally snaped the 250k volume pot.

Now i have to buy a brand new pot. F*ck.

Also i removed the pickguard to see what's inside and now the neck pick isn't working. I didn't cut any wires. Fu*CK

what is happening to me?

Does anyone know a site where it tells you step by step to replace volume pot?

Please help me
um, i mean i didn't even cut or remove the wires. they are all stick together. I don't see why neck pick isn't working
You've done something here that you can't see, so I think you should take it to a shop to risk doing further damage.
Take it to a shop.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Just the neck pickup?

I would think a broken volume pot would kill the output altogether.

Not even close to being an expert, though.
You traded all of that for a strat?? I think you got ripped off.

but if anything perhaps a wire came loose from the neck pup.

All the pups are wired back to that pot, you couldve stripped some of the wiring or something when taking off the pickguard. I dont think youve broken the pup, but seeing as it is 14 years old, some of the electronics will probably be on the way out, my suggestion is, pick up some wire and a soldering iron replace all the wiring, pots and caps with good quality replacements, its not hard of a job at all if you have basic soldering knowledge and can follow a schematic.
Quote by jake911
You traded all of that for a strat?? I think you got ripped off.

but if anything perhaps a wire came loose from the neck pup.

If hes talking about this thing

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00244

I wouldnt say so. Depending on condition, used thatd be worth about £140 with the pup and the amp would only be worth about £40.

Id say £180s a pretty good price, I payed £210 for my '92 mexican tele, worth every penny, the older mexican fenders are superb.
With replacing a pickup, trying to isolate the braid wires from the hot wires in the core of the cable is hard to achieve, and a possible source for a short circuit.
Pots are only a couple bucks I think. I don't think you're screwed just yet.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by beckyjc
If hes talking about this thing

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00244

I wouldnt say so. Depending on condition, used thatd be worth about £140 with the pup and the amp would only be worth about £40.

Id say £180s a pretty good price, I payed £210 for my '92 mexican tele, worth every penny, the older mexican fenders are superb.

yes that's the right guitar but with Symour Duncun Dimebucker
Quote by beckyjc

All the pups are wired back to that pot, you couldve stripped some of the wiring or something when taking off the pickguard. I dont think youve broken the pup, but seeing as it is 14 years old, some of the electronics will probably be on the way out, my suggestion is, pick up some wire and a soldering iron replace all the wiring, pots and caps with good quality replacements, its not hard of a job at all if you have basic soldering knowledge and can follow a schematic.

wow this is good, thanks. I will try to fix it myself
Quote by beckyjc

these always confuse the hell out of me lol
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
lol just don't mess with the guitar, i learned that a while ago. i was looking around for my truss rod, didn't know if mine had one or where it was and ended up taking the neck off. just about shat my pants because i thought i messed it up for good. everything turned out fine but moral of the story, don't mess with the guitar unless you are positive that you know what your doing.
^

this is a job that doesnt need a tech. unless you find an honest one, they will overcharge you for soldering a couple of wires. either redo the wiring or look for the bad solder joint and resodler that joint. you can get everything you need for under 15 dollars at radioshack.
This is why we can't have good things.

For future reference, be more gentle buddy. Most of this stuff wouldn't have happened had you been a bit more careful.

You should take it to a tech and get it fixed.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by shtiming
^

this is a job that doesnt need a tech. unless you find an honest one, they will overcharge you for soldering a couple of wires. either redo the wiring or look for the bad solder joint and resodler that joint. you can get everything you need for under 15 dollars at radioshack.

lol, i took the guitar to a tech and he said he will charge me $30- $40 and i said yes. ****..
All electrical problems in an electric guitar can be fixed very easily, but I suggest if you don't know how to then don't risk it, and just take it to a pro and if possible ask him to tell you how to do it yourself.
Quote by kenan6346
All electrical problems in an electric guitar can be fixed very easily, but I suggest if you don't know how to then don't risk it, and just take it to a pro and if possible ask him to tell you how to do it yourself.

i dont think u can just walk into a shop and ask the guy to teach you how to fix things urself
the guy does it for living...

as for TS, u made a good choice taking it to a shop. just pay that 30 bucks for now and be happy that u dont have to worry about it anymore
and try to be more careful nxt time... though idk how u can break the pot while taking out the knob : P

btw how often do u change your gears man!!???
everytime i see you post you have like different guitars and different amps