i now own a roland cube30..but im looking for something bigger...from 50 to 100watt amps...suggestions for what kind of amp to get...

oh and also..would orange amps be a good buy?
budget, genre, and preference for ss or tube?

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Is this going to be used in a bedroom or for gigging? Or maybe both? You already have a good practice amp... the cube is a good bedroom amp. So, I'd get something in the gigging range next. Or for recording. Orange amps are a good buy but it depends on what kindof sound you are looking for. You have yourself a Solid state amp so get yourself a tube amp.
my budgets bout 1k till bout 1.5k in pounds...for genre most of it would be rock...and id prefer tube...and im gonna be using it more for gigging rather than bedroom...

ive been looking at the rockerverb 100w...but im not sure.. oh yeah..i forgot to mention..what kind of cabinet should i get if i do get the rockerverb 100w?
I say Rocker 30 or some kind of Cornford.
I would recommend a Budda Superdrive, but apparently they're quite expensive over where you're at.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Thats a big budget. Go try everything in your price range first. Make notes about what you like and what you don't like. There's so many choices in that range it would be hard to list them all for you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^That's what I did when I was hunting for a new amp, kevin.
I brought a clipboard into the amp room and wrote down a paragraph about each amp.
That's a good idea too. Because when you go home, you can knock off the ones you didn't really like, and go back and try the ones you did like.
Just repeat until you are down to the one amp that you liked most, and buy it!
That process can take a while, but it's worth it, especially when you're spending that kind of green.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
don't get a 100 watt amp. unless you're playing Wembly or Budokan, you will never need an amp that loud. 50 watts should be your max. i suggest a fender Super Reverb or a Fender Vibrolux reverb combo.

definitley go with tubes.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
could u guys recommend me some average tube amps?...oh and how do u tell the difference of a tube amp and a ss amp?
Last edited by cube30 at Aug 26, 2008,
i'd recommend the fender hotrod deluxe as an OK tube amp.

how to tell the difference between tube and ss - the tube amp has tubes in it. have a look in the back of the amp.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
No, no and no - those are entry- level tube amps, good for what they are but you can do a lot better with your budget.

what kind of stuff are you planning to play and what sound are you looking for?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Have you gone out and played a bunch of amps? As Kevin said you have quite a budget and there is a lot of amps available. Laney and Peavey both have good 30 watt tube amps for rock. As well a Traynor YCV50 would be worth looking at as well as the Oranges and the amps you listed. The Bandit, not so much.
rock with a whole lot of reverb..oh and the price has gone down now...till bout 800 pounds..sry for the mix up...and yes i have played a bunch of amps but i just didnt quite like some of the sounds..
Orange Rocker 30 combo is still out in front to me.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Orange Rocker 30 combo is still out in front to me.

i would say rockerverb 50 combo in my opinion

tbh i want both though lol

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by cube30
rock with a whole lot of reverb..oh and the price has gone down now...till bout 800 pounds..sry for the mix up...and yes i have played a bunch of amps but i just didnt quite like some of the sounds..

OK which did you try? What did you like or not like about what you tested?