even if the video was a copy, it doesnt mean it was actually coldplay. It could have been that coldplay didnt care or didnt have any ideas for the video and just turned up for the shoot and the director said "here's what we're gonna do."

but it might've been coldplay
no.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
-.- im on about the song
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
they're indeed quite similair
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

The version with Satch playing over the Coldplay sounds awesome. I'd go out and buy that. They should team up to do it live.

But yeah, the chord progression and melody are both examples, IMO, of music that "already exists". It's just one of those progressions that sounds great. Both musicians have picked it up because it fits so well. Satch will have found it one day messing round with all his scales, and Coldplay will have done the same, only on a piano.

If it is a case of ripping off, we can say goodbye to most popular music.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Of course they have, they couldn't have came up with the same chord progression at all.

well this IS cold play after all lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
If Satch played live with Coldplay, there is a risk that most people watching would be introduced to proper, non-commerically driven music too quickly and commit suicide because of it.
It's just a common chord progression. I doubt Avril Lavigne or Akon has ever heard of Pachelbel, but both of them have used the chord progression from Pachelbel's Canon.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Just because two songs are similar doesn't mean that one artist neccessarily copied the other, music vocabulary is finite, especially when you're just using four chords.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
holy ****

i think one of the parts is pitch shifted slightly though. Not an exact overlap, but wow, same progression, same melody line. Quite a bit of a coincidence...or was it
Who cares?

In the end Coldplay suck major balls whether they copied or not.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Meh. Both songs suck astronomical balls. Viva La Vida is a disgrace coming from the band that wrote f*cking Yellow. And Satch's version was possibly worse