ok. for example the verse of like light ta tha flies, or unholy confessions, where a melody is played on the A string and between the gaps is load of open Ds. dont have a go at me to learn theory because that last sentence didnt make any sense. i know theory, but i cant be arsed, im ungover ok? the question is do you bother playin all the open d's? to me it just sounds messy to me.
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
ok theres been thirty odd views now.
im sorry if you cant understand me, i will clarify watever you ask.
help please?
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
If it sounds messy then your playing it messy. Make sure your not letting the open strings ring while playing on another string. Also use better grammar and you might get more responses.
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
sorry but my head hurts...

thanks anyhow
try muting the d's with your finger as soon as you fret a note on the a. this will stop the ringing destroying your righthand

that is, if those are the problems.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Wow, we all have really original avatars.
Starting bass or just looking for a new one? Here's a suggestion: Go to your local music store and try some out.
as far as I know, in unholy confessions, the tab that is on UG is wrong and there are no D's in between the notes on the A string. Listening to the song I do not hear that massive almost staccato sound that playing it that way would give it. The bass is a smooth flow.
look at a different unholy confessions tab because I think the one you are looking at is wrong, like the guy above me said.
ok cool guys cheers a lot.
tbh i didnt play the d's in Unholy C
but always felt a little guilty about it, lol.
try muting the d's with your finger as soon as you fret a note on the a

a left hand or right hand finger?
sorry if thats noobish...
Left hand.

...and that first sentence made no sense at all.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
mmm.
be grateful you dont have to converse with me real-time he he.
otherwise...
Victory2134's Head -------> Brick Wall :| repeat until mental pain is somewhat dulled.
Quote by Victory2134
Left hand.

...and that first sentence made no sense at all.

If i want to mute my open strings I do it with my right hand, that way your open D will ring until the next note sounds, which i think is always good. Just as you play the note on the A, follow your finger through on the right hand till it rests on the D, muting it.
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.