I got It's a Shame About Ray years ago and thought it was alright... nothing special. However, I listened to it a few weeks ago and have really come to love the album.

I looked into their back catalogue and it's pretty good. I've got Creator and Lick. They're both good. Evan Dando's solo stuff is also pretty good.

So, any fans?

PS: is it The Lemonheads or just Lemonheads? On the albums I have, it just says "Lemonheads" but they're always referred to as The Lemonheads. Just wondering.
i've got creator on cassette. i like how they rip sabbath and television on it! it's pretty good, to me they sound like a poppier SDRE.
Last edited by somewhat_here at Aug 25, 2008,
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I got It's a Shame About Ray years ago and thought it was alright... nothing special. However, I listened to it a few weeks ago and have really come to love the album.

Same here, but a few years back. Bought it during high school years for their version of 'Mrs Robinson' and thought the rest was rather rubbish, then a couple of years back discovered how much of a fool I was. A genuine classic in my eyes.

(Pretty sure it's The Lemonheads. Either way people will know who you're talking about)
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I was proud to say that I learned about the lemonheads from bit part instead of the simon and garfunkel cover. I haven't listened to it's a shame about ray in a while. Maybe I while once I'm finished going through the new against me! cd.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Back in the bedroom no baaaaack boooooone.

I love these guys.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
That album is so classic that if you put it on for someone who has never heard it and play it all the way through without skipping songs... they will become a fan too... I have done this with friends... The important thing is just play it all the way through, after a few songs they will ask "who is this"? You don't need to sell the album...it is great enough on it's own!
Yeah, I bought It' a Shame about ray for the Mrs. Robinson cover too, then it turned out to be one of the worst songs on the album. I love Confetti, the title track, kitchen, allison's starting to happen... well, basically the whole thing.

Anyone have a good suggestion for the next album to get after ray? also, is their self-titled comeback album from a year or two ago any good?
I've got all 8 albums and their all pretty good. The older stuff is more punk-ish then they just get progresivley lighter. I havent listend to the self titled yet. Come on Feel the Lemonheads is pretty good.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah